Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

It can be 9 minutes in a whole season and that’s all it takes to be the difference between winning trophies and not.

Do that in a CL semi final and you’re out and it’s not good to see we’ve got it in us.
At full strength I'm not that worried about us repeating this kind of display to be honest... the question is can we get players back fit in good time for the big games? I say in good time because they will need to be in form as well as fit and that takes a run a of games.

Said it before and I'll say it again. The moment Silva was left out, that was the moment we lost the game.

I keep on seeing people post 'Silva was ill'. Why the fuck was he on the bench then??
My continued point exactly!

No-one has yet managed to explain why Silva was on the bench if not fit enough to play. Apparently he's trained OK, so why leave him out?

Next I'll have someone telling me that having an unfit or mentally not there Silva on the bench was a ploy to psyche the Dippers out...

If you think it's a foul or not is one argument, my point is people trying to say it's not a foul because Stones position was poor. Irrelevant
Well I never stated the nudge was a foul worthy of the ref blowing his whistle for. Also even if it is deemed s foul worthy of the whistle stones was out of position prior to it and weak in his recovery. I just dont believe it was that bad a nudge to warrant foul being given. Just being honest mate.

I wasn't aware you were chosing the teams, could you please let us know when you started making team decisions then please?

You don't get an answer on why X or Y or Z (unless our journalists suddenly start asking about football related issues rather than gossip), so instead we get this petulant child bullshit of people crying on the forums.

We're 15/12 points clear, yet if you read bluemoon you'd believe we were in the relegation zone and have the worst team in history. It's fucking disgraceful how ridiculous you, and others, are behaving.

I'm not choosing them, managers often explain why players are missing or why they didn't play. To say it's none of our fucking business why our best player was fit enough for the bench but not to play is as wank as your shite contribution to this thread.

For the millionth time our fantastic season doesn't excuse today, end of season we will be happy but right now it's time for reflection on our poorest result/performance of the season. Is that not allowed on a city forum? You don't get any extra loyalty points for being deluded. We was poor today, yes. We played nowhere near our best, yes. We made far too many mistakes, yes. Many players underperformed, yes. Pointing it out doesn't make us any less of fans. Next you'll be telling us we can't complain because we was once in division 2.

Well he should have gone down then. Otamendi would have had 10-10 for artistic merit on that one! Stones has played over 160 games at the top level now. He isn't a novice. He was poor in that goal and it cost us. He does however have points in the bank but for some reason has come back into the team looking nervous and making mistakes. I'm not sure why.
Look it happened, it wasn't given when it should have been and we wouldn't be on Stones back if it had. We were still well in the game at 2-1 as I keep repeating but the way the team reacted to it you wouldn't have thought so, I don't think I've seen them react so poorly this season nothing has phased us like that did... lets hope it was a one off.

Well I never stated the nudge was a foul worthy of the ref blowing his whistle for. Also even if it is deemed s foul worthy of the whistle stones was out of position prior to it and weak in his recovery. I just dont believe it was that bad a nudge to warrant foul being given. Just being honest mate.

Completely fine, but again you're mentioning his positioning, it's irrelevant to the "foul"

Pep is trying to instill mental toughness, and an expectation that you will do the hard work necessary to overcome adversity. We always seem to forget, or ignore, he’s still a kid, but carries an enormous burden on his shoulders, but he has answered his critics on the field this season.

An opportunity to win, and possibly even score, at Anfield slays that dragon. It was not to be this year, but he is young!

As Pep has said repeatedly, knowing this day was coming sooner or later, it is the reaction to this game that is important. Hopefully, this will renew the focus of a few players, and some January additions will freshen up a small squad that usually picks itself. Competition for places and being able to sit a stale or tired player is incredibly important. With the injuries and four competitions, we have (for the most part) been unable to do that.

We need a quality CB, a strong midfield presence to relieve Fernandinho/KDB, and a new dangerous forward player. To me, that sounds like Martinez, Fred, and Sanchez. We’ll see who is and is not in the PL and CL squads come the end of Jan.

I like this very much, very good post!

I've said all along he's the City player supreme - the guy Kevin looks up to. Best player in the Prem (as Gary Neville has said) for seven years by a distance - no going missing for a year like Hazard. Allows Kevin to get forward more, dictates our play and tempo, difficult killer passes through small gaps, which makes his monumental pass completion rate even more remarkable. When he hasn't got the ball and we're attacking, takes up positions half way between the two nearest defenders causing hesitation as to which one should clatter into him, but by then he's long gone. 35 goals for Spain from midfield, but has more of a supply role for us and chips in with a few.
Fully agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.