Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
rb cover yes,lb cover no

I said in the match thread do we have a lb playing as he was nowhere to be seen,give it zinchy for the next couple of games

We paid 30m because he is versatile and can cover many positions.

Now is the time to justify it.

We paid 30m because he is versatile and can cover many positions.

Now is the time to justify it.

The player is right footed, and was bought as right sided cover at fullback and central defence. I doubt he was signed with the intention of him playing on the left side of the defence.

Injuries to Mendy and Delph have meant that he has had to be played out of position.

I don’t think he’s a particularly bad player but one has to question if such a player should demand such an exorbitant fee.

Is the market now so inflated that we have to pay over £25m for a back-up defender?

Expect him to make way in the summer, maffeo to become our right back cover for walker leaving us with a free space to get a recognised left back in and not just somebody who can maybe do a job there, and danilo unfortunately falls under that category very much in the same way that zab could do a job there when there's no other option. Assuming pep deems maffeo good enough it's a no brainer really, 2 players for the same "cost" in terms of squad places as one.

I’d be happy to take £15mill in the summer and replace him with Maffeo. Means we free up a squad space for someone else also.

I am not in the camp that we should absolutely sell him this summer but if we got an offer of that value or better I would say go ahead and do it and bring Maffeo back. I think his success at Girona is the primary reason for so many fans willing to give up on Danilo already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.