Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Nah I'm trying to find the exact definition from the FA as my first source was actually from Aussie rules football on wiki(apologies)... does anyone know where we can find it to clear it up once and for all?

If the rules are the same and you simply cannot challenge with a push in the back as I suspect then the force is irrelevant as he definitely doesn't stumble without it(no he didn't trip over himself talk about looking for excuses to dig Stones out, he could have been better placed but it was a foul), Firmino has to get around the front of him our challenge from the side(shoulder to shoulder) unless someone can point out where in the rules it says otherwise I'm not budging on that.

edit: I can't find anything relating to pushes in the back on the FA site, surely their list is incomplete? If it's allowed the I want our players to push every defender in the back and attackers before they go to shoot. Cannot see there not being a rule for that though.

Aha no probs but I'm not budging either! I'm a huge fan of stones and believe we've got a genuine talent there but I criticise if its warranted in this instance.
Think we have an impassse

Do you ever actually post anything positive about the team/club by the way. I'll admit I only went through your last 30 posts of criticism and repeated negativity. But are you sure you're a fan of the club, or do you just exist to spit bile and piss over our players?

That's the second time you've replied to the same post, did I get under your skin?

Napoli away disproves that

This is what annoys me most, I wasn't confident just with it being Liverpool today but my only positive was we was different this year and been to bigger, intimidating places and come through it. Today's performance was like every other at anfield.

Perhaps I was watching a different game to everyone else but I didn’t consider it to be one of the ‘games of the season’. Klopp’s comments were particularly hyperbolic.

The game was riddled with mistakes and was over when we inexplicably had 10 minutes of utter madness around the hour mark. We were so unfathomably horrendous that it was surprising they didn’t score more than three in that spell.

It kind of reminded me of a tennis match, in which we were a dreadfully out of sorts Federer ousted by an inspired Gilles Simon.
This was my take also. We were awful at times.

I don't think midfield was the problem we had 64% possession 68% in the final 3rd... KDB put some great crosses in but we weren't seeing the normal movement up top, Aguero struggled to get in front of his man, Sterling and Sané didn't seem to get in the box to give KDB something to aim for either.
Midfield was definitely the problem. Gundogan especially couldn’t find a blue shirt from 3yards on numerous occasions. These turn overs put the defence under immense pressure having to defend running towards goal against the fastest attack in the league. Dinho was another.

That response is that silly I can’t even respond to it sorry.

If you mean Real Madrid's performances in La Liga this season, then you've clearly not been paying attention. They're closer to relegation than to Barca and have 5 draws and 4 losses, they're doing worse than they were under Rafa.

Wait, you're right, facts are tough to reponsd to.

Now let's see Napoli, 16 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss, 44 goals scored, 13 against. And over 1 more game. PS that's better than Real, by a lot.

So Napoli are doing better in their league than Real Madrid are. In fact there are multiple news articles over the last few weeks, and especially after Villareal's historic win over Real Madrid, talking about how badly Real Madrid are doing.

And yet, somehow, even though the statistics and multiple commentators are talking about how badly Real Madrid are doing in La Liga, and how well Napoli are doing in Serie A, you have to just dismiss it all.

Shine on you (actual) crazy diamond

Last edited:
Forget the match.
Some bloke had a half n half scarve on. At half time jokingly I said what that about.
Turns out he a yank. He then says. Who cares I here just for the match and don't care who wins.
Unbelievable. He seemed upset when I told him to fuck off out of the ground.
Hey Arsene. Why weren't you in Bournemouth watching your team?
You saw a bloke in a half 'n' half scarf? There were hundreds of the fuckers. - But the club doesn't skim tickets cos they said so.

Midfield was definitely the problem. Gundogan especially couldn’t find a blue shirt from 3yards on numerous occasions. These turn overs put the defence under immense pressure having to defend running towards goal against the fastest attack in the league. Dinho was another.
In those 9 minutes maybe but the fact we didn't create nearly as many chances(the team with 36% possession had more shots than us, that never happens normally) with that amount of possession was definitely because of the lack of movement up front as I said Kev was making great crosses, nobody was there was the problem not the supply. Kind of crazy to think about even with those 9mins of generosity if we'd have got more players in the box we'd have maybe even won that game despite it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.