Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have been happier if we won today, or at least taken a point. The problem at the moment is that there isn't a realistic forward target available.

But I think players like Kane or Hazard may become available sooner than we might think. I'm sure a couple of stars will make themselves known in the World Cup too. Players we know nothing about now. Buying on the strengths of World Cups is always dangerous, but City will have the football world at our feet for the short term at least and we can buy the best. Sanchez whilst good, was not at his best, and I objected to buying a player who I thought had his best years behind him,however for the moment I can not suggest an alternative. But I think we'll know it when we see it.

Not sure yet that Sanchez deal is over. There could be more twists.

Buying a player because he had a good world cup is the worst thing you can do. Plenty of times teams have done that and they turn out to be crap.

In the last few years we took a stand with Hazard’s agent and he went to Chelsea, he’s been a huge part of Chelsea twice winning the league. We were heavily linked with van Persie but pulled out and he ended up at United winning them the league.

Now we have Arsenal’s best player about to sign for united after we’ve chased him for the best part of a year but bailed at the cost. I think it will prove to be a huge mistake, Sanchez is desperate for success, hugely hungry and has an enormous work rate. He will paper over a lot of their weaknesses and I firmly believe will help them win trophies. He’s going for the best deal because it’s his last chance.

Sooner or later we’re going to realise that we’ve changed the game. There's been an incredible escalation in cost, wages and agents fees in part due to our impact in the transfer market. If we keep walking away from the top level players we’re going to struggle to stay at the top. Barca, Real, PSG and united all overpay at times but they tend to sign the players they want. Once there’s an auction we’re out.

Problem is there are limited number of players good enough to play for us. We paid what we needed to for Ederson and 3 full backs and got a huge improvement in performance in our team. If Walker or Ederson pulled the same stunt we would’ve walked and our team would’ve suffered.

Sanchez would have made a difference today and in many matches for the rest of the season. Instead united will get a hungry hard worker desperate to win.

Desperate to win but plying his trade for a manger who prefers to take a draw when playing better opposition !!!!

I don't have a problem with our stance, I'm just trying to explain why this transfer isn't madness from United's perspective. We have our foot on United's throat at the moment and they have a very negative outlook on their future prospects of catching us. This transfer gives them a glimmer of hope that they can compete, this will help morale and give them a much needed boost. So desperation I agree with, but madness it isn't. They have to do this or admit they're second best for the foreseeable.

Exactly. The rags have loads of money so it’s a deal they were determined not to lose

In the last few years we took a stand with Hazard’s agent and he went to Chelsea, he’s been a huge part of Chelsea twice winning the league. We were heavily linked with van Persie but pulled out and he ended up at United winning them the league.

Now we have Arsenal’s best player about to sign for united after we’ve chased him for the best part of a year but bailed at the cost. I think it will prove to be a huge mistake, Sanchez is desperate for success, hugely hungry and has an enormous work rate. He will paper over a lot of their weaknesses and I firmly believe will help them win trophies. He’s going for the best deal because it’s his last chance.

Sooner or later we’re going to realise that we’ve changed the game. There's been an incredible escalation in cost, wages and agents fees in part due to our impact in the transfer market. If we keep walking away from the top level players we’re going to struggle to stay at the top. Barca, Real, PSG and united all overpay at times but they tend to sign the players they want. Once there’s an auction we’re out.

Problem is there are limited number of players good enough to play for us. We paid what we needed to for Ederson and 3 full backs and got a huge improvement in performance in our team. If Walker or Ederson pulled the same stunt we would’ve walked and our team would’ve suffered.

Sanchez would have made a difference today and in many matches for the rest of the season. Instead united will get a hungry hard worker desperate to win.

Unfortunately every word of this is true, and despite so much being fantastic about City, our seeming unwillingness or lack of bollocks or confidence to go toe to toe in bidding wars is a really annoying and frustrating trait, one we need to overcome in some cases when season changing players become available.

If we really went for it with who we needed we could blow the rags away and it'd really widen the gap not just this season but long term and in terms of demoralising them and their hordes of sheep in the home counties and Asia, some of whom may then invest in City merchandise instead, helping line our pockets for more signings, and ultimately more success.

Missing out on a long term, world class player to them is embarassing and short-sighted. It's been a shit weekend for us. Got to move on and batter Newcastle next week.

Buying a player because he had a good world cup is the worst thing you can do. Plenty of times teams have done that and they turn out to be crap.
Yes. But I mention it because before you know it there could be players before us who we can consider.

More or less every window, a top striker moves clubs, and although one isn't available now, it will only be a matter of time before one does become available.

The rags are second in the league; still in FA Cup & CL. They will be a force next year. He WONT be frustrated- he’ll help them push on. They’ll win another trophy this season - just hope it’s not the league or CL. Sanchez has not JUST gone for the money.

Okay, so if both clubs offered the exact same fee and package you think he’d go to United? Of course not. The rags offered Arsenal a bigger fee and Sanchez more wages ... more commonly known as Money.

Mirror Online's got a belter. Probably been mentioned but "Alexis always dreamed of playing for Man U when he was a boy" is the story. Just burst into laughter and the missus gave me one of those " you're an oddball" looks.
Are you shitting me?
Ffs not another South American who had a Phil Neville duvet when they was a kid?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.