Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the bookies if you want to bet.

My stance was if he didn't sign for City in the summer he wouldn't be a City player and would sign a new contract for Arsenal.

Arsenals poor form has prevented that from happening but I was right We missed the boat in the summer.
Haha this has cheered me up

Just a word for those who will inevitably call out at Tolmie. He called this right all along. Everything he posted is what happened. Other than Sanchez putting City ahead of getting out and money. It was 50/50 until the last minute, But as Tolmie had said we would not budge and would walk if he seriously considered anywhere but City as Pep only wants players that are passionate for the team he is building. It was always up to Sanchez and he put money before football.

He made his choice. Let's see if he regrets it.

Pep made his. I will be very surprised if he ever does. He has likely already moved on.
Fair enough. But, genuine question, what were the last YouTube videos all about then, including the helicopter post?

I understand your point, but the club made an offer. Sanchez was desperate to get out of Arsenal, absolutely desperate. Our proposed deal fell dead in the summer and Sanchez was reported to be mortified. Probably now more mortified that he had to stay at arsenal with wenger for another 6 months rather than not turning up at our club.

Come January, he knew he was leaving. We made the offer all he had to do was accept that offer, earn a great wage and actually puck up a few trophies. However united are totally desperate to make another statement, we have shown them up in the league and this is their response - to throw the kitchen sink at the player and his agent.

If that rumoured weekly wage is true 400k, 400k !!! Imagine the issues that brings to the club, because we would have to match that offer. Sanchez was never in love with moving to us....he is on his last pay day and money talks. If he was adamant he wanted to come and play for Pep the offer was there - sanchez decided he wanted more money

Peo and club decided that they can get better targets - i will stand by them.
That 400k means nothing. We could easily pay him a higher signing on fee and get him to reduce that wage. It’s common. We just didn’t do it because our feelings were hurt that he and his agent went back on his word.

They’re having a bad season but they’ve still won the CL twice in a row. Burnt out now probably but let’s be honest they’re still the worlds top club.

I disagree, I think we’ve made a terrible decision. Letting the rags get sanchez is basically giving them a helping hand at closing the gap to us. Yeah one player doesn’t gurantee you things but now they have that player who they can build around. 2/3 more top signings and they’re there.

We’re dealing with football agents, we know how crooked they all can be so why do we act so suprised when they pull this shit on us?
Have to agree with this,it’s honourable the stance the club has took,but this type of thing keeps happening we will miss out again as most agents want a huge cut on any deal..

Fair enough. But, genuine question, what were the last YouTube videos all about then, including the helicopter post?

I think those are just a bit of fun.

Do a search. His posts about Sanchez over the past few days have been perfectly clear statements of how he understood the club were dealing with this.

Quite obviously he hears things and interprets what might happen. When human beings are involved - and footballers who are rich and flawed - things can never be predicted with certainty.

We may have missed out but we cant have everything just because it looks good. We have KDB, Sterling, Aguero, Sane etc etc, no other teams have........It's called football and business, it doesn't always run smoothly.
Exactly measured not desperate, United are looking mighty desperate to sign a player all but publicly stated he wanted to come to City. Recent quotes being fed to the press such as this one aren't fooling anyone:
Alexis Sanchez always dreamed of playing for Manchester United, according to a Chile team-mate.*LOL sure he did*

Makes the summer more interesting for us if he goes to the rags, we will strengthen that's a certainty and short of an utter disaster whoever comes will be coming to the Champions of English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.