Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine City will be going hard for other targets in summer. Still need a winger for the quality depth needed.

Something has clearly changed here.
Manchester city don't miss out on a player for the sake of 10 /20 million quid.we set an unrealistic limit knowing it would get knocked back by all concerned.Pep and city have played a blinder here. They have smelt trouble and walked away.had they just pulled the plug people would been alerted to why would we do that. Now this way United have lumped on paying 100 m for what looks like a mard arse controlled by his agent. At our figures we could have hoofed him and not made a loss.

Proud of my club.
Well said!!! But I’m afraid the majority won’t agree with you!!

@Bill and @Metalartin talking sense.

I for one am glad that we are not hostage to paying inflated fees and fattening the pockets of agents.

And I too believe there is more to the story than us not wanting to come back to the table with a higher offer. If the reason is because Sanchez's change of heart shows his commitment, or rather lack thereof, then that is a good enough reason to stay away.

According to Cross (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) Utd are paying:
35m transfer
20m p/a wages
30m signing on fee
10m agent fee

assuming a 3.5 year deal that's an outlay of £145m, £100m going to Sanchez
We were offering £85.5m in total, £60.5m going to Sanchez

20m transfer
13m p/a
15m signing on fee
5m agent fee (<- speculation on my part)

If those Utd figures are remotely accurate I can't blame the club for refusing to give in. Shame tho that Sanchez is so greedy and Utd so desperate as he, being a pretty well rounded footballer, would have been pretty ideal for us upfront. He can bring the ball down with his back to goal and turn the defender better than post-injuries Aguero can.

Last edited:
Something has clearly changed here.
Manchester city don't miss out on a player for the sake of 10 /20 million quid.we set an unrealistic limit knowing it would get knocked back by all concerned.Pep and city have played a blinder here. They have smelt trouble and walked away.had they just pulled the plug people would been alerted to why would we do that. Now this way United have lumped on paying 100 m for what looks like a mard arse controlled by his agent. At our figures we could have hoofed him and not made a loss.

Proud of my club.
Have to agree, money means more to Sanchez than playing for the best manager and team.

@Bill and @Metalartin talking sense.

I for one am glad that we are not hostage to paying inflated fees and fattening the pockets of agents.

And I too believe there is more to the story than us not wanting to come back to the table with a higher offer. If the reason is because Sanchez's change of heart shows his commitment, or rather lack thereof, then that is a good enough reason to stay away.
Bottom line Sanchez wanted to leave this window, we were prepared to offer only a low fee, (£20m), that wasn't enough. It was our inaction that led to his agent approaching United to put in an offer.

Sanchez probably still prefers Pep. He didn't have a change of heart, we decided we wouldn't pay his fee from Arsenal.

According to Cross (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) Utd are paying:
35m transfer
20m p/a wages
30m signing on fee
10m agent fee

assuming a 3.5 year deal that's an outlay of £145m, £100m going to Sanchez
We were offering £85.5m in total, £60.5m going to Sanchez

20m transfer
13m p/a
15m signing on fee
5m agent fee

If those Utd figures are remotely accurate I can't blame the club for refusing to give in. Shame tho that Sanchez is so greedy and Utd so desperate as he, being a pretty well rounded footballer, would have been pretty ideal for us upfront. He can bring the ball down with his back to goal and turn the defender better than post-injuries Aguero can.

some numbers there !

it may hurt in the short term - on how we compete in the champions league- but definitely city will do their homework in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.