Cyrille Regis

Sat next to him at the PFA Awards last April, seemed like a nice bloke and appeared to be in good health. The only surprise was that he wasn't actually 'Big Cyril', maybe time had taken its toll, as it does on us all, but he certainly wasn't the imposing physical presence I'd expected, just a normal bloke. Sad news, he'd been such a role model for black players coming into the game and 59 is no age. RIP.

Really sad news. There was a brilliant programme on a while ago where Adrian Chiles (not everyone's cup of tea I know but it's still worth watching) went round and spoke to people involved in a testimonial game played in the 70's where it was blacks v whites! Regis was involved in that and seemed a really nice bloke.

Sad sad news - big powerful centre forward who I recall seeing on the telly as a kid and being in awe of him. Far too young to go at 59 - will forever have fond memories of Big Cyrille and remember his campaigning to stamp out racism in football. Part of a great WBA team.

One of my boyhood hero's I remember one of my first City games was against West Brom when we where both in the top five in the late 70s I seem to recall they beat us that day but it was a cracking game of football RIP Cyrille you will be sadly missed up and down the country by supporters from many clubs.

Like many I remember WBA tonking the rags at the swamp and Cyrille was fantastic.
Such a good player and way too young to go .
R.I.P big man

RIP
A UK football pioneer.
I'm sure I saw him screen a couple at Maine Rd against us?

How very sad. Fabulous player and made it at a time when it was so difficult for black players in this country. One of the players who helped to pave the way for others, a genuinely great role model.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.