Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Liverpool were excellent and deserved their win. Our willingness (some might say stubbornness) to continue with Pep's playing philosophy even when we were 4-1 down almost got us an unlikely draw.

If both teams get through to the QF of the Champions League I certainly wouldn't want to draw Liverpool.

I thought we played well first half, second we made too many little mistakes and got punished, the fourth goal was the killer. Sterling at Anfield, is like Nasri whenever he played at the Emirates, the booing affects him.

We did not get in position off the ball, far to many times KDB would get the ball and look round only to see two Liverpool players round him with not one city player free running in to space, this made us give the ball away far to cheaply. It was as though all Peps training for the season went out of the window.

We showed glimpses of being good, second half at 1-1 when sterling / sane / fern clearly having a bad day should have been rotated to bring on the our two silvas.

Otamendi / walker / KDB had good games, rest underperformed in particular stones / Kun ( stop thinking you are Messi ) / sterling

Must confess, I am particularly hacked off about this defeat.

Me too, the fact that despite being better than Liverpool for the last 8 years or so they still manage to almost always beat us at Anfield sticks in the craw somewhat. Plus being Irish I'm surrounded by both giddy Liverpool and united fans this morning.

Must confess, I am particularly hacked off about this defeat.

The 3-2 the other year pissed me right off and thought we had blown the league, this doesn't and seeing scouser celebrate like they just won the champs league and rags in the pub cheering their goals and showing how much they hurt at us at the top makes it bearable.

Feel like pep needs to rally them abit mentally. Were almost at the finish line and maybe a couple are having a wobble and that’s affecting the rest of the team.

Let the delusional Victimpool fools have their win. It means so much to them to beat us. I’m glad the winning run has come to an end. Time to build a new one. The team and pep will not let that debacle happen again I’m sure. Too many players not at their game to point the blame at, onwards and upwards.
MIND THE GAP!!!
Come on CITY.

This relates to earlier threads, particularly those around the LC tie at Leicester, when it was felt by some that we might better off out of the competition.
The problem now is that we're looking jaded, and injuries are beginning to take their toll. (just like they did in 2014 and 2016). We're going for all competitions, but suddenly we look nervous, and it won't get any easier.
Also, when Jesus returns, we need him to score, because almost under the radar, he was out of form at the time of his injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.