Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

I'm glad all Liverpool's goals came from our mistakes, in which I mean they didn't score buy opening us up etc... all 4 goals came from 4 brain farts, extremely unlikely that will happen again in the season.

we also scored 3 at the candle factory which is no mean feat, and that was without David playing and aguero looking like corradi

Agree with your first paragraph totally.

On the second one then I’m not as sure. I think they would find it hard to sustain that level of pace (and quality of finish) over two games - whereas I can’t believe we would make so many mistakes

I agree to extent. The mistakes we made were due to their disruptive style and I think they would be able to sustain that quality over two legs against us.

He must have been "off colour". I heard it was a stomach bug. I assume he was on the bench to keep them guessing on our line up, (to have a psychological effect?), or in case he made a miraculous recovery?
Our bench was very weak, we only made 2 subs.

I assume it was a simple as he was feeling the worse for wear after the illness but could have come on and toughed it out if need be. Given how quickly the game went away from City, Pep presumably decided not to "risk" Dave.

I agree to extent. The mistakes we made were due to their disruptive style and I think they would be able to sustain that quality over two legs against us.

would they have the nerve to, considering we've put 8 past them and away goals would cripple them? Or would they go into their "oh, we're playing the rags and scared of losing" 0-0 mindset?

So it was like a throwback to when Yaya played pivot without Fern,if opponents harried him he'd lose possession and they were through on our central defenders who were OK if Vinnie was there but otherwise fooked...Yesterday Pool swamped Fern with the same result.Away from home you need 2 central mids to shield the back 4,we had only 1.

So it was like a throwback to when Yaya played pivot without Fern,if opponents harried him he'd lose possession and they were through on our central defenders who were OK if Vinnie was there but otherwise fooked...Yesterday Pool swamped Fern with the same result.Away from home you need 2 central mids to shield the back 4,we had only 1.

Which is why I think Pep played Ilkay, to prevent tgis and help Ferdy, unfortunately it didn't work.

I actually think Pep adapted his system a little, maybe if dave wasn't playing instead of Ilkay we should have started with bernardo suporting Kev, seemed a little slower than usual in the muddle that gave them time to dominate and swamp ferdy

A clear push in the back on Stones by Fermino for their second. KDB was awesome. If only Sergio had been on form, I thought his header had gone in when it hit the side netting, he's offside too often. Ederson can be forgiven one mis-kick he's been superb this season.
On the continent that would have been given as a foul but would never be given in an English league game. Stones simply wasn't strong enough.

The issue was more Gundogan didn’t find the same space that Silva does, and Aguero wasn’t keeping hold of the ball upfront, so we weren’t as comfortable in possession as we normally are (and whilst in possession, moving the ball enough to make Liverpool lose their shape and so negate the counter attack).

Silva and Jesus missing had a huge impact.

Less about the results and more about the way they disrupt our style. They were the better team in the 5-0 until Mane got sent off.

You're right though, if David and Jesus are playing (we really missed them both yesterday, especially Jesus with the way Aguero played) I would say we would be favourites to go through.
Better team? Give over we had as many chances as them and had actually scored. Running around a lot does not a better team make.

We missed Silva, hugely. We couldn't keep the ball

Gundogen doesn't do anywhere near enough, he seems a fair weather player to me.

They scored 3 great goals buy we didn't help ourselves. Playing it out from the back 10 seconds after they just took it off us and hit the post was just stupidity, they needed some game management

All that said, we still scored 3. Losses won't really impact the league as long as we win the follow-up games which are Newcastle and West Brom at home. united play away to Burnely and away at spurs, I can't see them getting 6 points from that(with or without Sanchez)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.