Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Better team? Give over we had as many chances as them and had actually scored. Running around a lot does not a better team make.

The ‘we were better until Mané got sent off’ line is a popular myth.

What pisses me off is that they shoot like demons v us, yet when they play Utd, they either miss easy chances or shoot straight at De Gea despite outplaying the Rags.

Better team? Give over we had as many chances as them and had actually scored. Running around a lot does not a better team make.

I was sat level with the penalty area Liverpool were attacking in the first half of that game at the Etihad so had a close up of their play and I said to the person next to me that they were playing very well and were the better team but then we scored and as we know "goals change games".

Less about the results and more about the way they disrupt our style. They were the better team in the 5-0 until Mane got sent off.

You're right though, if David and Jesus are playing (we really missed them both yesterday, especially Jesus with the way Aguero played) I would say we would be favourites to go through.

Better team my arse...fucking hell mate we were 1 up and should have scored at least another goal before Mane got sent off.
We would have beat them regardless of whether Mane was sent off or not.

Less about the results and more about the way they disrupt our style. They were the better team in the 5-0 until Mane got sent off.

You're right though, if David and Jesus are playing (we really missed them both yesterday, especially Jesus with the way Aguero played) I would say we would be favourites to go through.

Jesus wept. We were 1-0 before mane got sent off. The only chance i remember them having all game was when salah was one on one with the keeper. Both teams had chances before mane got sent off.
There's saying, watch with your eyes not your ears!

A clear push in the back on Stones by Fermino for their second. KDB was awesome. If only Sergio had been on form, I thought his header had gone in when it hit the side netting, he's offside too often. Ederson can be forgiven one mis-kick he's been superb this season.

Trust me mate if we would have scored that after the blatant push in the back and gone on to beat them it would have been on a loop on sly sports and they would have been pulling out all kinds of has beens to bemoan the fact it was indeed a foul.

Remember the Mane red card in the reverse fixture and how all kinds of 'pundits' came out in outrage and tried to change the rules of the game to support their claims that he shouldn't have been sent off.

I felt we were getting on top at that point but Marriner decided to let that happen but booked Fernandinho on the edge of our box 5 mins later for a very similar kind of 'coming together'.

Goals change games and the t**t that is Andre Marriner knows that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.