Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, but it was hardly a massive punt - style make fights as they say - and we have been getting away with it for a while now.

What angered me yesterday was the elementary mistakes and no-shows from too many.

I keep getting it in the neck because I have been saying since the back end of last season that Sergio is not the player we now need and should be sold.

He's an absolute legend for me but we are making the same mistake as we did with Yaya (who I said should have been yarded after 2015) by holding on too long.

I have us winning the title at around 85 points and hopefully we can break the 90 barrier.

I have to agree with you on Sergio. I don't think he is the potentially 20-30 goal a season player anymore, not to mention the way we play stops him from really being that player.

With virtually unlimited resources who would replace him though, we would of said Mbappe last year but that opportunity has gone.

It's sad to say but the only striker really putting his mark out there who would be achievable is Kane..

The problem with losing Sanchez is there is simply a limited number of players good enough to play for us, Sanchez is one and we need a forward. It will most likely cost us over £100m to get the kind of forward we need this summer.

Aguero brilliant as he is does not suit our system, he doesn't press and his link up play isn't as good as Jesus. He will leave as a City legend and our all time top scorer whether this summer or next but he is a square peg in this City side.

we'll have £100m+ to spend in the summer, we don't now.

Offer him same basic as our highest, with future increases in line. Then performance related bonuses, trophies etc which I would imagine puts him in ballpark of rag offer anyway.

If he just wants to turn up and get top dollar at 29, regardless of how he plays, we're well shot of him.

If he does go to U*d thats the second player that's shafted Pep this season (Alves being the 1st) now.

Overall our transfer policy has been strong in the summer over the recent couple of seasons but really hope this one doesn't come back to bite us as we are one injury away from having issues and I'm not aware of who else was/is on our radar regards a striker.

Can deffo see Sergio moving on next season also. Leaves with another league winners medal, all time top scorer and his legend intact.

All blues I speak with are prepared for this and it would be the right time to cash in.

I dont think Kane is our type of player either. Excellent finisher but doesn't play in Pep's style. Could see the likes of an Augameyang doing a real job in this squad.

If he does go to U*d thats the second player that's shafted Pep this season (Alves being the 1st) now.

Overall our transfer policy has been strong in the summer over the recent couple of seasons but really hope this one doesn't come back to bite us as we are one injury away from having issues and I'm not aware of who else was/is on our radar regards a striker.

Can deffo see Sergio moving on next season also. Leaves with another league winners medal, all time top scorer and his legend intact.

All blues I speak with are prepared for this and it would be the right time to cash in.

I dont think Kane is our type of player either. Excellent finisher but doesn't play in Pep's style. Could see the likes of an Augameyang doing a real job in this squad.

Can definitely see Pep being a 'no second chance' sort of bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.