Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, consistency?

Yes, along with his technique and skill improving. Something everyone is praising Pep for or you taking that away from him and saying Sterling was this player last year just not consistent with it?

Yes, along with his technique and skill improving. Something everyone is praising Pep for or you taking that away from him and saying Sterling was this player last year just not consistent with it?

No, what I'm saying is, just like I said last year, that he always had it in him, just needed coaxing out of him on a regular basis aka consistency

I've come on this thread many times this season praising him. That doesn't mean that yesterday should go unmentioned.

His technique has improved massively which again supports my criticism last season on them things he failed to do. I described him as wobbly legs before and yesterday was a mirror image of years gone by where his legs don't do what he wants them to do. Best example was when we broke, Ederson threw to KDB and it ended up with Sterling who under hit a pass to Aguero behind him. We was in a great position at that point. That hasn't happened as much this season and is one of many ways he has improved and if he continues improving then we have something on our hands.
Haha. I'm dyslexic and read that as "I've not been happy with him at all this season" Apologies ;-)

Haha. I'm dyslexic and read that as "I've not been happy with him at all this season" Apologies ;-)

No, I have been delighted with him! Was a big critic of him last year so made a point of coming on here praising his many good performances this year :)

Robertson was clearly told to take him out along with the ball wherever possible just as they did with that dirty carthorse Flanagan the last time at Anfield. After the first time Sterling should just have knocked the ball away from him and rolled around to get him booked early but instead dawdles and it gets the crowd up when Roberson takes the ball and chops through him. Despite our lead in points some of our play is not so smart still.

The same tactics were applied to Sane on Sanday - The difference was that Sane occasionally stuck the afterburners on and took the ball 20 yards up the pitch turning the defence to chase back in the process. Sterling never goes on the outside of a player unless it's for a one two these days. He used to do this a lot for Liverpool and he needs to rediscover this skill for us!

The same tactics were applied to Sane on Sanday - The difference was that Sane occasionally stuck the afterburners on and took the ball 20 yards up the pitch turning the defence to chase back in the process. Sterling never goes on the outside of a player unless it's for a one two these days. He used to do this a lot for Liverpool and he needs to rediscover this skill for us!

I’ve always thought one of sterling’s weaknesses was taking people on down the wing when there’s quite a bit of space in behind the full back. I think he doubts he can get past a full back every time, he hasn’t got the explosiveness like Sane has. Sterling’s strength is playing in tight spaces.

I’ve always thought one of sterling’s weaknesses was taking people on down the wing when there’s quite a bit of space in behind the full back. I think he doubts he can get past a full back every time, he hasn’t got the explosiveness like Sane has. Sterling’s strength is playing in tight spaces.
But he used to do it quite a lot for Liverpool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.