Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbappe is absolutely superb. He will be seen as an absolute bargain in a few seasons time.

He wasn't a bargain he was ridiculously overpriced.

If it carries on this way, nobody will be a bargain as no clubs will be able to afford the transfer fee. Or the wages.

Sanchez at 350k pw would be fucking obscene, as is the amount PSG & Utd have inflated the transfer market.

If it carries on this way, nobody will be a bargain as no clubs will be able to afford the transfer fee. Or the wages.

Sanchez at 350k pw would be fucking obscene, as is the amount PSG & Utd have inflated the transfer market.

But we get the blame

I can, but Sanchez will only cost about 30m in transfer fee, which is why the wages are more excessive. That is a bargain in today's market.
3 years at 350k week is 54m plus 35m fee plus 15m signing on fee plus 10m agent fees is heading towards 120m for a 3 yr contract with limited saleable asset at the end (40m a year).
Kdb is costing us less than that over 5 years (and a saleable asset)
Sanchez may be the answer but cheap/bargain he aint.

IndyKalia (I know, I'm grasping at straws haha!) have just released a statement from 90min.com saying that we have submitted a final offer for Sanchez which, although doesn't top United's, it's understood to be close.

2 very up and down sources though so take it with a pinch of salt.

I think the point he's making is that while Mbappe might look like a silly deal now, he'll probably look like a great deal in 10 years. See Rooney/Ferdinand.

There is a really simple solution - a player's agent should be paid by the player, out of the players money, on a %age basis. Or, there should be a standardised formula (most likely a standardised %age). Pretty much any other system creates a conflict of interest. It's almost unheard of in any other walk of life for the agent of the 'talent' to be paid for by the hirer of the talent, pretty much whatever figure the agent plucks out of the air

The agent in this instance can name almost any figure they want. Let's say £10M. If United say yes and we say no, the agent will as you say do everything they can to force a move to United. Is the player even made aware ? There is insufficient regulation to be sure. THe system is geared to the benefit of agents, to the detriment of all the other parties. The system is inherently wrong and broken but the agents seem to hold too much power for the clubs to do anything about it.

The way it should work, in an example like this where a low transfer fee & high wages are paid because there isn't much left on the contract, is that there is a large signing on fee and the agent takes a percentage of that. If that was the case, which it would be in any other industry, the agent would be working on behalf of his client (the player) to get him the best deal possible which in turn would him the most as agent.

It's not rocket science. But there are no real signs of any major shifts in stance looking likely

What you would like to see, if this is one of the main stumbling blocks with Sanchez, is he turns round to his agent and say you will get whatever you get from the club I decide I'm going to. But does he even legally, have that power ? Or can the agent stand there and say if city dont pay me, the agent, what United will, I won't sanction the move ?

That's what I mean, its absolutely bonkers. I always feel that United's strategy in the market is to persuade the agent before persuading the player. They definitely target agents who are after a big payday. Once they have won the battle with the agent, they are half way there. This is where players get their head turned, because agents fill their head with a load of shit and false promises just so they get the best deal they can. They have way too much power and it is time for a change. Time to stop letting agents dictate exactly what they want, teams like Utd drop their knickers for any agent who has approached them simply because they need to keep selling their faltering brand and keep their name in the headlights at every opportunity to star players. They are taking extremely calculated financial risks in order to keep themselves at the top competing with the likes of us.

It makes me wonder how a team like Utd in millions and millions of pounds worth of debt (with interest rising on top every year) can maintain this sort of spending power. At some stage it could soon blow up in their faces big time and they could end up a complete mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.