Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan played well. Consistently getting the ball off the centre backs when Fernandinho wasn’t asking for it, getting us out of tight spaces all the time. Plus the fact that he got 1 well taken goal and 1 assist. Normally you could say we lost because David Silva wasn’t in the side, but we lost yesterday because Sterling, Aguero, Stones and Fernandinho had their worst games of the season in arguably the hardest fixture of the season.

Gundogan played well. Consistently getting the ball off the centre backs when Fernandinho wasn’t asking for it, getting us out of tight spaces all the time. Plus the fact that he got 1 well taken goal and 1 assist. Normally you could say we lost because David Silva wasn’t in the side, but we lost yesterday because Sterling, Aguero, Stones and Fernandinho had their worst games of the season in arguably the hardest fixture of the season.

You can add Ederson to that list too.

I thought he was terrible. A good last ten minutes doesn't make up for 80 minutes of giving the ball away. I think he's a great player but he was terrible yesterday.

I thought he was terrible. A good last ten minutes doesn't make up for 80 minutes of giving the ball away. I think he's a great player but he was terrible yesterday.

I'd agree he was largely anonymous for 80 minutes didn't show often enough. We need players who turn up in the big games- Yaya and Kompany did it in the past, this season KDB definitely has, Gundogan didn't yesterday and that was disappointing.

You are spot on. How anyone can say he was good yesterday I do not know. The guy is incredible when on it. He tore us apart for Dortmund, running the game, passing off both feet into space for others and his vision was phenomenal.

Yesterday he was anonymous and so poor in possession. He has been for most of December when we have needed him to cover Silva. A good last 10 does not make up for being so poor before that. Their midfield 3 compared to ours were shite yet they overran us with ease

Go back a month on here and its master stroke of a signing, go back to only last week on this thread and the compliments are coming from everywhere on how good he is.

And today, well I'll let you all read the comments on this thread, And the match day one was just fuckin shocking the abuse he got.

Only on a football forum can someone go from a Rolls Royce of a player to a bag of shite who doesn't deserve a start, all in a few weeks.

Truth

The whole front line pretty much stopped when we lost the ball..Look at the stones goal ,Liverpool had a huge hole to break into. Gundogan is not a defensive mid for me ,great skill but not got the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.