Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Stones is just weak.No way that was a foul.Shoudler barge.This isn't la liga
It was in the back and you know it was, penalties have been given for less, just because it's a defender the rules don't suddenly change for them. Stones could have handled the situation better, seemed to misjudge the run of the ball, could maybe even have cleared it before Firmino even had a chance to lay a finger on him, so it was half his error that it came to that but a foul is a foul.

Having said that, it was a home team decision and they happen a lot in the PL, we've also put up with far worse decisions than that. The game wasn't lost on that goal either, it was the minutes that followed, where the team lost their heads a little bit, not realising how much time was left in my view. We gifted 3(I don't think there were any glaring errors in the first goal like the rest) golden opportunities to Liverpool but they had to be sniffed out and taken and your players took them well to be fair... you could have at least returned the favour for one of those I thought but I suppose not all clubs are as charitable as us. ;)

Last edited:
The laws of the game regarding shoulder barges were changed a couple of years ago. That notwithstanding, had it been ‘shoulder to shoulder’ I might have been inclined to agree with you, but it wasn’t. Firmino came in behind Stones at a 45 degree angle and barged Stones in the back. Have to say though, I wouldn’t have given a foul either. It was minor stuff. Stones knew roughly where Firmino was, should have been expecting a challenge, and given how close they both were to the City goal, should have taken better charge of the situation than he did. Your boys played well yesterday, but we fucking gift wrapped all 4 goals. Our worst defensive display of the season by a distance
Ahh but if Stones had shoulder charged him mariner would probably have blown for a penalty, hung if he didn't hung if he did (stones that is)

If stones had pulled up in front of firmino the ref would have to give city a freekick, it happens all the time, (unless its Raheem who gets fk all off refs) Stones is on a steep learning curve. Last night was a bridge too far, bit of tiredness, touch of stagefright, some untypical errors from our lads ,throw in some unlucky bounces/deflections .Very entertaing, game but far too many unforced errors from both sides to be a classic.

If stones had pulled up in front of firmino the ref would have to give city a freekick, it happens all the time, (unless its Raheem who gets fk all off refs) Stones is on a steep learning curve. Last night was a bridge too far, bit of tiredness, touch of stagefright, some untypical errors from our lads ,throw in some unlucky bounces/deflections .Very entertaing, game but far too many unforced errors from both sides to be a classic.
Not according to the BBC and the daily Fail "Game of the Season"

It had to happen and I'd rather cross swords with Liverpool at Anfield and get beat 4-3 in an attacking game than get sucker punched by a single shot against the likes of West Brom at The Etihad. It was just a bad day at the office, nothing more............hopefully.
Funnily enough, I think pretty much the opposite.

Losing to West Brom or even Stoke wouldn't piss me off half as much as yesterday did. I don't mind losing (much) but I really can't stand losing to those self-entitled twats.

Not read all 134 pages so not sure if it has been mentioned but it may be a blessing in disguise, the "invincibles" monkey is now off our back, back to winning ways against the bar codes and the Baggies and all will be forgotten, just a shame it was the dippers that ended the run.
We were dubbed the invincibles by the media. The odds were against us completing the season unbeaten so they (the media) should never have given us that sobriquet.
We never called ourselves the invincibles.
Anything to make us look a bit rubbish eh?

If you notice, Stones actually misreads the whole situation and gets attracted to the ball then realises he has over committed by about half a yard, which gives Firmino the opportunity.

Not a push for me, not strong enough from Stones.
no it wasn't a push, it was a shoulder into the back, foul everyday, jesus christ even some shoulder charges are deemed illegal nowadays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.