Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry not to get him. He's a top player.
But if it's true we'd agreed salary and lump sum payments to player and agent and they've now said they want more - I'm not sure what we could do.
It's easier for Utd or Chelsea to come in as the second bidders and agree higher terms, they've no previous agreement they'd have to go back on.
It's unfortunate for us, but that's just how it's played out. I'd guess if the situation was reversed and Utd had previously agreed terms and they were now faced with having to raise the offer they'd probably not do it either.

Great player, no doubt.

Also gives the ball away a lot!

Onwards and upwards blues.

Having money does not mean you have to always say yes, it also gives you the option to say no!

It might have ended with everything being a 120 million pound deal.

We might consider a deal all in costing 160 million better value for a younger, better player with resale or another contract without a transfer fee.

Let the Old Trafford transfer merry go round go on.

Don’t follow the press, Miki was a Mourinho buy who was the German leagues player of the season ( better then KDB, they said?).

Less then 18 months he is becoming a makeweight in this deal as Mourinho has failed with him (probably due to the type of football).

There are no guarantees in football, lets see how he does!

If we had signed him the media would be laughing at the fee. Now Utd will get him at crazy prices it will be lauded as a bargain.
The only reason they have bought him is they are prepared to offer the crazy price and wages but they are not new to paying 300k+ a week for players. We should be patted on the back for walking away and not bowing to the wage demands that would have had huge effects on us negotiating future deals and contract renewals but we all know we wont.
I totally back the clubs decision on this

Has shown worrying signs since his failed transfer in the summer. Remember he went physically awol at the start of the season and has been pretty absent on the pitch since his return.
Signs of a mercenary.
As far as I am concerned I am glad we walked away. Not upsetting the harmony in our changing room is far more important than signing him.
Mind you it would be funny if yoonited had second thoughts and pulled out of the deal now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.