Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone missed one line in the pull out piece.

City have left the door open to Sanchez.

In other words, told him if he really wants to come they will pay what they previously agreed.

They don't expect him to do though.

That is not the slant anyone is putting on this but it is to me the big one.

Odd that Sky have missed that. And also said United are the only option. No mention of Chelsea!

But that line says he wanted us, we wanted him and would pay what we had agreed tomorrow.

So IF he goes elsewhere it is for the money.

Someone should be pointing that out in the media.

I'm sorry not to get him. He's a top player.
But if it's true we'd agreed salary and lump sum payments to player and agent and they've now said they want more - I'm not sure what we could do.
It's easier for Utd or Chelsea to come in as the second bidders and agree higher terms, they've no previous agreement they'd have to go back on.
It's unfortunate for us, but that's just how it's played out. I'd guess if the situation was reversed and Utd had previously agreed terms and they were now faced with having to raise the offer they'd probably not do it either.
united probably would do it, City won’t because we are men of our word, and I am pleased about that

Honestly don't think he's ripped up any trees in the Prem and he clearly has an attitude problem. At £350k+ per week plus £40m in fees we are absolutely right to pull out. The cost of the transfer will be £110-120m over four years, for a 29yo with no re-sell value it's too much.
I don't think its the numbers, it's the double cross. don't think we'd have him now for free.

you don't fuck with Manchester City.

i wanted him but i mean every word,he cannot demand more money than the current team,a lot more,if he wnted to play for pep he would have accepted our terms he agreed to in the summer,he demanded more now and that is not on,he'll go where the money is and that makes him a mercanary,very disappointed in him
They're all mercenaries. Not a one is in it for anything but the dough. I'm okay with it, he's their player now, we bat on.

If the club has decided on a maximum transfer fee and wages package that they were willing to pay for the player, and the player and his agent decided to try and play games to try and get more money then I think it's a huge stride forward in terms of our structure that we can have the confidence to stick to our guns, it sends out a huge message to any future transfer targets, don't fuck about basically. With all this in mind, if we were in the market for Alexis Sanchez then it suggests we will be working hard on a deal to bring a similar player to the club this window if not, in the summer.
Don't see how it sends that message at all at the end of the day the player got the money he wanted

I'm ok with him not coming, he's no better than any we've already got, and talk of him making a big difference at Utd or Chelsea depends on how he is utilised by the respective managers.
I look forward to his on field spats with Pogba once the honeymoon period is over.
The board are obviously planning long term, with players who can grow and be molded under Pep, the arrival of Jesus demonstrates we can do this without blowing the budget.
If he comes, he comes on our terms, otherwise we move on.
His signature is nothing more than a publicity stunt and bragging rights now.
He’s considerably better and more experienced than both Sané and Sterling. That’s not to say they both won’t end up being better by the time they get to 29 but he is better than them both right now.

SSN saying that city have walked away from the deal because of the ridiculous fees involved, despite Sanchez telling city in the “strongest terms” that we were his preferred choice

Can see that going down well at the swamp and will spawn a thousand songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.