Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what is being reported now is true not only is it telling the footballing world what a twat Sanchez and his agent are but it also sends a message to others about future negotiations. Very clever move imo. If Sanchez does come to us it will be on the basis of what was agreed a few months ago. This one could run and run

It’s not official that we have pulled out and it may just be a bluff.

If you want to win medal etc cut your demands

Of course he's an improvement. The only player who is anywhere near him is Kun and he's also been out of form this season.
Performances this season for Chile and Arsenal do not suggest that. If Kun has been out of form, then what about Sanchez. Sanchez has 7 goals. Kun has 13.

I am also glad the statement makes clear Pep argued for Sanchez but agreed with the stance not to crash the pay structure for him.

That undercuts any journo looking to create a 'war with the board' and 'will Pep quit?' trend that I was worried about earlier.

The statement makes very clear he was fully on board and that the board will back him financially for someone else if Sanchez just wants to follow the money and not play for him. He will find someone who does to replace Sanchez in June and they will back him all the way.

Everything about the statement was well thought out.

But that's precisely the point we COULD but won't on the basis that the deal is too much and will cause doubtless unrest in the dressing room.

I take my hat off to City...the rest is up to Sanchez if he wants us that much.

We shouldn't be so arrogant to assume that every player wants to play for us no matter what.

Sanchez would have improved us and that's why we wanted him. At the end of the day the club chased him but obviously didn't want him that much. We had all summer to approach him but waited until the last day of the window. Then we were happy to grab him in the summer instead of going all out for him in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.