Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We offered £60m and let’s assume £200kpw package in the summer. 4 year deal? I’d assume we would have to pay agent fees of say £5m. That’s a around £105/110m ball park.

Now it’s £30m and £350k a week and say the agent now wants £10m. That’s about £110m

So no concernable different in the costs. Just the wages would possible upset some other members of the squad and the agent fees are now OTT.

The finances are therefore achievable given we offered a similar costing deal 5 months ago. It’s the morality of it and what it could possibly to the existing team spirit.

Fair play to us I say.

Also, if we signed him now we would have missed out on 1/2 a season of his supposed prime.

The older he gets the lower the package should be.

What by throwing more money at him and his agent. Basically break our pay structure for a 30 year old who will last what another 3 years. A player who will walk into a team almost certain to win the league title and maybe more !!!!!!!

Again, I am not saying we should have thrown a lot more money at his agent and buckled to his demands. I'm suggesting that we shouldn't have allowed the situation to develop which allowed United to have a sniff. The moment we put a January deal in jeopardy, is the moment we gave all other clubs hope.

Sanchez as good a player as he is, is not worth the investment and is not worth the risk to team harmony. If half of what has been written about him is true, he has an ego on a par with fake ron and is about as fucking likeable. He has seemingly gone back on his word to our manager and senior management. To be honest I would rather stick with proper City players like Sergio, Gabriel, Leroy and Raheem, who are all visibly part of a brilliant team ethic at City, something Sanchez hasn’t come close to at arsenal. If we decide we need another player in that position I prefer we get someone who will definitely fit in with and not disrupt our team dynamic; the indications are that Sanchez is not that kind of person.

We offered £60m and let’s assume £200kpw package in the summer. 4 year deal? I’d assume we would have to pay agent fees of say £5m. That’s a around £105/110m ball park.

Now it’s £30m and £350k a week and say the agent now wants £10m. That’s about £110m

So no concernable different in the costs. Just the wages would possible upset some other members of the squad and the agent fees are now OTT.

The finances are therefore achievable given we offered a similar costing deal 5 months ago. It’s the morality of it and what it could possibly to the existing team spirit.

Fair play to us I say.
He was supposed to be asking £10m+ sign on fee too, in return for the cheaper transfer fee.

I don’t subscribe to this. He’s 29 and in 3 years he will be the same age as Silva now. Would you sell Silva now? Even if we did I say we could fetch £20m plus regardless.

Silva has owned this league in his position since he arrived. He causes no problems on or off the pitch and has accepted a pay structure that rewards him well.

Sanchez agreed to his package in the summer, it only fell through because arsenal couldnt get Lemar over the line. We tell sanchez we will come back for you, and when the transfer window opens he directs his agent to get more money - because lets not forget the player dictates the agent to start looking

Thats this issue here with Sanchez and the club have acted accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.