Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva has owned this league in his position since he arrived. He causes no problems on or off the pitch and has accepted a pay structure that rewards him well.

Sanchez agreed to his package in the summer, it only fell through because arsenal couldnt get Lemar over the line. We tell sanchez we will come back for you, and when the transfer window opens he directs his agent to get more money - because lets not forget the player dictates the agent to start looking

Thats this issue here with Sanchez and the club have acted accordingly

I agree with you. I just hear a lot of “he will be finished in 3 years” which is not necessarily the case.

That’s quite a big thing for him to be better at though... we don’t particularly need to worry about assists we have maybe the greatest assist machine football has ever known

But Kun isn't exactly firing on all fronts so far is he?

This is only my opinion but Kun looks fucked at the moment. He's not much more mobile than Yaya at the minute and he's playing like someone who is drained of confidence. He's taking extra touches when there is no need to and slowing the play down. That burst of acceleration he once had which made him deadly is now none existent. Add to that the fact that Jesus doesn't really seem to offer anything at the moment aside from his work rate, then that's why i think it is crucial we add another attacker to the ranks.

I can understand why the club has taken the approach it has and tried to do the deal the way it did.

The initial point I was making was that this is not some impressive move by us, we should have learned a lesson from the Alves situation not to take any players word for granted until the deal is done. That is all.

That deal seen us sign Danilo who despite being younger than Alves, is nowhere near his level. Hopefully, we don't end up doing the same with Sanchez.

City have basically called his bluff on this one. If he still wants to join us, he knows the offer on the table. There was no way in a million years the club were going to upset the applecart as far as the salary issue is concerned.

Imagine KDB and others and the damage it would create.

"Over to you Alexis" is what they're basically saying.

In a well-run organisation, with decent managers and employees, people generally come to arrangements that suit both parties. They don’t swagger in with ultimatums and rip each other off.

I doubt KDB expects £400k a week and I doubt City are claiming poverty. He’ll get a much improved deal, I’m sure, but one that serves the club’s interests too.
Appreciate your optimism. Hope the likes of PSG, Madrid don't come in with 300k+ wages to woo KDB etc then.

I don’t subscribe to this. He’s 29 and in 3 years he will be the same age as Silva now. Would you sell Silva now? Even if we did I say we could fetch £20m plus regardless.
Silva is a totally different player...he's never been quick or dynamic athletically Sanchez has/is once that goes for the type he is its downhill....Silva with his style could play another 2/3 years in our team....Sanchez wouldn't be near it at 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.