Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going around in circles and it seems like you're missing my point.

I don't blame City for walking away when Sanchez changed his demands on a previously agreed deal. I've never said that I had a problem with that.

Where some blame can possible lie is the fact that we overplayed our hand in trying to force Arsenal into a reduced fee. The noises that we were happy to wait until the summer allowed United to jump in and offer more lucrative terms. If we would have bid £30 million at the start of the window then there is a good chance that we would have got Sanchez for the agreed terms.

That is the point I made and it looks like on two occasions players have slipped from our grasp to go to another side on better terms at the last minute.

I understand what you are saying. It is just that I believe Sanchez agreed to wait for us until the summer, deal agreed in principal, sanchez giving his word to Pep. Because we have released a statement saying Sanchez strongly indicated we were his choice. The injury to Jesus made us look to him this month and all of a sudden Sanchez and his agent decide they want better terms

Got nothing to do with throwing 30m at arsenal. Sanchez and his agent are the issue in all this

After what he said about you as well! Never had you down as the forgiving type. ;)
RoaLEbY.gif

U23s?....nice one I hope they get relegated they are currently 2nd bottom of PL2 Div 1

Correct. It's still nice beating them though. We do seem to have a couple of good youngsters. I hope they get through to the first team. Home grown players have an affection for the club which fans love. Which is why we all love Jack Wilshere.

Balague has basically just said that we are not prepared to be held to ransom over the wages. United willing to make sanchez the 4th best payed footballer on the planet

They can have him
Unbelievable, yet sections of the media will hail the rags for outbidding us,would love to see the reaction if he changed his mind and told the rags forget it..

I still think United would have got involved even if we offered £30 Million +.

They possibly would have and we could have quite easily have had the same outcome as we have now. Yet I still think we could have done more but I can understand why the club made the decisions it did. Hopefully we can learn a lesson from this.

The really shocking thing is that over on the Caf they are laughing off any interest that Chelsea may have in Sanchez.

Not because of anything to do with footballing reasons but because of wages, they are basing this on Hazard being their top earner on around £200k a week.

They are laughing that Chelsea won't pay the money Sanchez wants as it is nearly double that figure at approx £350 -£400k per week.

They believe they have won Sanchez's heart and that he has chosen them, the real reason is that none else is even considering going near the figures quoted.
They believe we’re lying about being unwilling to pay up and trying to save face because AS has simply chosen them over us. Arse holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.