Cyrille Regis

Was in the Kippax the day he scored an amazing goal. Couldn't believe the clap that it got from the city fans. I'd never witnessed anything like it before or since.
Very sad news. I too remember that goal, Platt Lane End iirc and the whole ground applauded it. One of my favourite players as a kid, to me the star player in a very good WBA side.

Another one taken away from us far too soon. And from all the tributes was a great guy too. RIP.

I was too young to remember Cyrille Regis in his prime but watching videos and reading about you can't argue against that he was a pioneer for black players along with Brendan Batson and Laurie Cunningham in a very useful West Brom side. RIP big man.

Yes, that goal at Maine Road was one of the best I saw there by an opposition player, good enough to get a spontaneous round of applause from the City fans. Quite similar to the goal of the season against Norwich shown above.

RIP Big man, 59 is no age at all.
Was at that game, fantastic goal, and I can’t recakl another opposition goal against us, ever, that got the appreciation that goal at Maine Road deservedly got

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.