Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson was better than supposed by many.

1st goal:
Delph having a poor tackle and out of position, Otamendi had to help out for Delph to cover Salah,
Stones had to move left to block Ox, while Dinho did right to run behind Stones to cover the mid.
Than Stones didn't even try to block the shot, Ota did.
The finish by Ox was quite perfect and didn't give Ederson enough time to get down at it.

2nd:
Foul on Stones, who could have done better. No chance for Ederson.

3rd:
Caught by the press. 4 blues vs 5 reds. Sane or Sergio didn't get out of the red shadow, and the ball should have gone to the right.
But Stones - again - was too deep and should be higher to call for the ball, Walker was out near the side line.
Ota was being caught, Stones still lost in space and his final move to block Mané was Sunday league level, sadly.

4th:
Ed's fault of course, should have gone over the roof. Wanted to play Pep football for a counter but failed.
Bit unlucky to perfectly find Salah.

Otherwise very good passing, calm and confident, for the first time at Anfield.
No reason at all to start a debate. Good keeper.

I don't think people are starting a debate, just saying it for what it was, a poor game. He will know that and will want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Wasn’t just the first and fourth goals. Also flapped at a couple of corners too. But he has been brilliant this season and I think we just put it down as one of those days.

He can be somewhat kamikaze at corners but his sublime distribution more than compensates for his questionable decision making at times.

I'm ok with the corner flapping tbh. He's smaller than he looks and the fact he came out to try and win them is a big deal to me. He went through a period of being rooted to his line on set pieces for a couple of months and him trying to turn that around is important. Remember, he's really inexperienced. I said it against Shakhtar but I want him to get all the mistakes he'll make in his career out of the way ASAP whilst we're on top so that in a few years if we find ourselves in a spot where we can't afford the errors, he won't be making any.

Their first goal is the second or third time he has been beaten to his right that when you look at the replay his positioning is not good. He seems to drift slightly too much to the left which I'm sure closes down a shot to his near post but opens him up wide. Shay had a lot to say about him not being properly balanced before his dive but I thought it was as much his original position. No doubt the goalkeeper coach will identify this and help him remedy it. Ox should not have been allowed a free run and shot on goal in the first place.

Odd performance against Liverpool...let's be frank here, he has come charging off his line quite a bit of late and it has finally cost us some goals, it's been coming...he was caught in no-man's land away at Shaktar and that cost us a goal, charged out yesterday and mis-kicked when the defender had the situation under control....cost us a goal, I'm sure Ederson himself has no idea what he was trying to do with Firminio's goal..it was like he was on a Sunday stroll and just walking past him, if you come out like that you have to commit yourself to something, he just did nothing....that made up the mind for the striker, I'll just lob it over you.....should have stayed on his line a bit longer as Danilio was coming across to challenge Firminio.
Also, pretty sure he had another charging out incident v Bournemouth at home in the 1st half and was lucky to get away with it.
Pep and the team need to rein him in a bit, he is misjudging things at times outside his box. Against Liverpool (and somebody else recently) he came out to the edge of the box too early, a bit too far as well, when the defender had the situation under control and when the ball was nodded back to him he couldn't pick it up because he was outside the box...had he just stayed put a bit longer, let the defender deal with it he could have stayed in the box and just picked the ball up.
Sounds harsh I know, we all love the guy and he is going to be a star for us for years to come.

Odd performance against Liverpool...let's be frank here, he has come charging off his line quite a bit of late and it has finally cost us some goals, it's been coming...he was caught in no-man's land away at Shaktar and that cost us a goal, charged out yesterday and mis-kicked when the defender had the situation under control....cost us a goal, I'm sure Ederson himself has no idea what he was trying to do with Firminio's goal..it was like he was on a Sunday stroll and just walking past him, if you come out like that you have to commit yourself to something, he just did nothing....that made up the mind for the striker, I'll just lob it over you.....should have stayed on his line a bit longer as Danilio was coming across to challenge Firminio.
Also, pretty sure he had another charging out incident v Bournemouth at home in the 1st half and was lucky to get away with it.
Pep and the team need to rein him in a bit, he is misjudging things at times outside his box. Against Liverpool (and somebody else recently) he came out to the edge of the box too early, a bit too far as well, when the defender had the situation under control and when the ball was nodded back to him he couldn't pick it up because he was outside the box...had he just stayed put a bit longer, let the defender deal with it he could have stayed in the box and just picked the ball up.
Sounds harsh I know, we all love the guy and he is going to be a star for us for years to come.
It's easy to forget he is only 23 and is not very experienced,i think he is doing what pep asks him to do,the whole defence went AWOL at the same time so he was left damned if he came out and damned if he stayed at home,they will all have learned a big lesson,i hope

It's easy to forget he is only 23 and is not very experienced,i think he is doing what pep asks him to do,the whole defence went AWOL at the same time so he was left damned if he came out and damned if he stayed at home,they will all have learned a big lesson,i hope
Yeah, it's a bit like Stones last year. Play the right way and make mistakes now so in the future you play the right way to perfection.

Yes indeed, I'm not trying to be negative re Ederson as I think he is a great prospect so you are quite right Karen. I just think perhaps he needs to rein in this charging out thing a bit. Certainly wouldn't swop him for Hart or Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.