Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

My take on the game.
Dippers fired up by Klipperty over perceived injustice at our place.
1st goal Fern and Delph should have won tackles or made tactical fouls.
2nd goal for me is a foul on KDB,foul non foul on Stones is a shove in the back some given some not.
3rd goal avoidable but dippers closed us down and forced the error.
4th goal Ederson mistake.
Yes we had an uncharacteristic wobble but,
Just think we were mentally tired due to game congestion.

My take on the game.
Dippers fired up by Klipperty over perceived injustice at our place.
1st goal Fern and Delph should have won tackles or made tactical fouls.
2nd goal for me is a foul on KDB,foul non foul on Stones is a shove in the back some given some not.
3rd goal avoidable but dippers closed us down and forced the error.
4th goal Ederson mistake.
Yes we had an uncharacteristic wobble but,
Just think we were mentally tired due to game congestion.
I remember when we used to dream of fixture congestion (well I did anyway), as it's sign of progress towards success - wins help develop confidence.

I remember when we used to dream of fixture congestion (well I did anyway), as it's sign of progress towards success - wins help develop confidence.
Not moaning about the congestion mate just a fact they had longer to prepare between games. Enjoying the present being a blue. But then again always have.

It’s been almost a year since we’ve had a good chance to moan, so enjoy it now, it’ll be our last chance till next year!

Just keep things in perspective, it was like a perfect storm of mistakes, tiredness, injuries, and too many players having really bad days, and even with all that, the other team just hung on while treating it like a cup final.

And surely this can only help moving forward - some players needed a kick up the backside to get ready for important games to come, and better to have some things exposed now we can learn from than in one of the four cup finals coming up!

No, the error came the minute he started his run. I can guarantee that is what Guardiola will focus on. Bear in mind his reaction too - he thought that Danilo should have got back in time to clear the ball - he didn’t look at the ref to see if a foul had been given.
I have only seen the highlights on the OS and I was disappointed in Danilo's lacklustre attempt to get to the ball. To my mind he should have been lunging towards the ball, if it went in off him well at least he tried - he gave the impression he thought it was going wide and so didn't need to commit himself.

Watched the game again now calm, aguero was a fuckin disgrace along with a few others but he was by far the worst
He Looked like a Plumber who won a competition to play for us , but I remember telling everyone around me against Newcastle H a couple of years ago he was finished as a top striker and he went and scored 5 (FIVE) in 20 mins, ate my words big time.

Long story short we lost due for 2 reasons:

1: Our Lack of Strength in Depth - Lets face it a big reason why we lost that game was the fact that by their own standards thoughout the season, they simply underperformed in this game. Something which I highly suspect is due to the fact is due to the number of games the same players (more or less, especially the likes of KDB) have had to play thoughout the season (due to the lack of strength in depth) while trying to maintain the same level of high performance at the same time. Which at the end of the day to take its toll on the players in question and thus result in them underperforming as we get deeper into the season, hence the defeat to Liverpool.

The only solution for is is to make sure that the players we have in the Second XI are as good as they are in the First XI (through transfers or even from the academy), that way you reduce the number of games the First XI (or at least some of its players) have to play thoughout a season and thus give them much more time to recover, which in turn allows them to maintain or even improve the level of performance they put into each game. I mean if you had the likes of say Lloris, Pogba, Alli, Hazard, Kane and Sanchez play against Watford (in the League) and Bristol City (in the League Cup) while having Ederson, D.Silva, KDB, Sane, Aguero and Sterling play against Burnley (in the FA Cup) and Liverpool (in the League), I would be very surprised if we where unable to convicingly defeat both Bristol City and Liverpool under those circumstances. Simply because in both those games the players would have more energy to put a high level of performance in those games.

2: Liverpool discovering the only way you can beat us...and somehow doing it without Coutinho - Considering the attacking and midfield players (which is without a doubt the strongest in any First XI, if only we had more of them though...) we got in our team and how they performed this season, parking the bus is simply not going to work and the PL teams that have tried it have without exception failed to beat us. Rather (as Monaco showed against us last season) the only way you can beat a team like us is to ourscore us and despite losing Coutinho (and thus an important part of their attacking potential) they somehow managed to over come both his loss and the negative impact on the teams morale that it brings, so credit to them for overcoming that and capitalising both on our still weak defensive and the lack of strength in depth that we have.

However that does not mean that they are on course to win the title in the next few seasons or have secured a place in the Top 4, simply because even with VVD in the squad, their defensive is still nowhere near good enough (hence why they almost blew the win at the closing minutes of the game, if only we had Sanchez on the bench or the field, then at least we would have got a draw out of it if nothing else) and their midfield needs room for improvement as well. To which they now have the problem of no decent backups in their attack either (which cost them badly last season with the Mane injury).

Football's a contact sport. Stones was weak and got bullied, it's that simple. Kompany wouldn't have got eased off the ball that easily had that happened to him.
He wasn't eased off the ball. He was fouled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.