Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though was a bit disappointed for deal to not get through but after reading about his wage demands its laughable and hysterical to say the least. Though initially i thought paying 15m extra to arsenal shouldnt be a big deal but considering his wage demands we have rightly ended our pursuit, making him our highest paid player would not only blow our wage structure but create resentment in our squad and he isnt even at the level of debruyne or silva.

Hasn't reached the level that Yaya , Tevez even Dzeko did for us.

If he and Ozil are that good why have Arsenal regressed year upon year and younger team mates not kicked on.

Don't get me wrong the bloke has fight , pace and quality on the ball but he will never be part of a trophy laden Manure side not under their current manager anyway.

Why do they trade a regular a regular of seasons past to Valencia for 12 mill FFS.

All that work pep has done, getting rid of egos. Sanchez is not right for us after everything that’s gone on this week. Playing us off against that shower of shit up the road is unforgivable !! You want United, you go there I say !!

It’s the game playing I cant tolerate !!
Absolutely right Bob

Great chance for Alexis-Sanchez to restore some sanity and loyalty to the game, finish your contract at Arsenal and announce you’ll be joining city in the summer as he’s a man of his word.
Everyone would commend this action and both city and the player would be lauded.
On a further note surely after city’s briefing no striker will be bought this window after saying another forward would upset the balance of the squad.
My belief is despite my personal wishes City have got this bang on.

I completely agree with the way the club has dealt with this. We couldn't have a situation where a player came in earning so much more than the others who have put the club in the position it's in. The only proviso I would put on that is that sooner or later, we're going to have to either pay higher transfer fees or higher wages. If we don't, with the way the market has gone, we'll start to miss out on players on a regular basis. If you go for players on a longer contract, you get stung with the fee, if you go for a player like Sanchez, you're going to pay higher wages which brings the problem of breaking the wage structure. Eventually, we'll have to choose.

Players and their agents aren't stupid. We're likely to see more players running contracts down so they get some of the transfer fee pie. You would think this would be preferable to the buying club because the money doesn't go to a rival club and you're able to use it to keep your new player happy. The overall size of the package doesn't change, just the way it's distributed. Ultimately, I think we'll look to pay higher wages where possible but there was a danger in this case that we would risk upsetting the squad harmony that's put us in a great position.

Total admiration for the board and manager over this , to make him the fourth best paid player in European football is a total joke , if that’s what Trafford want to do then let them , won’t be long before DeGea and co are knocking the door down asking for parity .

Disappointed but under the circumstances happy enough. Have always wanted the club to walk away from a deal to make a point that we won’t be ripped off, plus that wage demand is pretty ridiculous relative to the quality earning around 250k.
It’s hard to begrudge a player able to get 350k and in the end he has chosen that over playing in an attacking team where he’d likely have to fight for his place. He’d have been huge for us in the champs league this season but not so much next season as he slows and both Sterling and Sane get better.

I've been around the CFA today a reasonably senior figure in their area that said he hinted it was done last week
He has access to first team areas and staff he said the deal was to rich and we will move to other alternatives probably in the summer
and if Sergio or jesus gets hurt, were knackered. absolute shite,!

Think about this

Our squad has worked it’s bollocks off all season to get where we are ! 12 points clear in the table. What has Sanchez done for our team that allows him to walk in and demand 400k a week !! He’s not earned it, not run through brick walls, not showed he can play at the same level our players do ! Wtf gives him that right ? When they’ve earned it they get rewarded and not before

Something really stinks in this transfer why has he not signed for the rags yet? If that deal being reported is true he's not getting a better deal anywhere so what's up? As he had 2nd thoughts about waiting till the Summer and raking in more on signing on Fee's? Have the rags had a change of mind and are not offering what was first agreed after we pulled out? Either way I hope we don't throw our hat back in the ring we've had enough of dodgy agents throwing there weight around (toure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.