Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if Sergio or jesus gets hurt, were knackered. absolute shite,!
And when all 3 are fit? You don't buy players just because both of forwards get injured. We have Jesus to cover for Aguero or vice versa. You can't go into a season haivng 3 players in one position, that is just stupid. You can't buy a player just because we need a forward for 3 games before our starting forward comes back from injury. You don't spend 100 million on that logic.

United have fergie to blame for all this. Ok he made them millions but it's coming back to bite them now. Cos he did one they are no longer as attractive. The selfish fuck should have stayed till he made 90.
In order to entice any player worth his salt it's now upwards of 300k a week, they even paid that to Rooney in sheets desperation lol.

Carry on. Add to the debt. You might make top 4 yet.

I'm convinced piss-can deliberately left them with a shite squad to make his achievements look even better. Yes they won the league but they were on their last legs and needed freshening up seasons prior. Even the appointment of Moyes points to this. And don't let united fans tell you he wasn't first choice, you don't give 6-7 year contracts to third, fourth choice managers. Selfish man and a bully who can't even get his stories right in his books. All over us when we leathered them 1-6 he says. I suppose in 10 years time, the mugs reading that will believe it. Bullshitters and hypocrites from top to bottom.

Don't slag utd off, we are the ones to fuck it up ., " richest club in the world," will never be this position again, going for all the cups, chance to piss utd off , NEED another forward, and someone decides the deal is too expensive. crock of.
5D7LIOh.gif

Something really stinks in this transfer why has he not signed for the rags yet? If that deal being reported is true he's not getting a better deal anywhere so what's up? As he had 2nd thoughts about waiting till the Summer and raking in more on signing on Fee's? Have the rags had a change of mind and are not offering what was first agreed after we pulled out? Either way I hope we don't throw our hat back in the ring we've had enough of dodgy agents throwing there weight around (toure)
My theory is that the rags have thrown a spoke into the wheel, with a cash + player offer with a higher wage that they know the player they're offering (allegedly Mkhitaryan) won't accept. So there's no danger they'll have to cough up. The agent then goes back to City and demands a similar wage, which we won't agree to. Or maybe there's not even a firm offer at all from the rags and the agent has made it up. The rags are happy enough to play along as it screws us up. However that still doesn't get him a deal other than the one we put on the table & then Plan C sees Chelsea are brought into play to try to wheedle out a deal somewhere.

The agents certainy hasn't played a blinder here from what I can see and they could well end up with egg on their faces.

I'm convinced piss-can deliberately left them with a shite squad to make his achievements look even better. Yes they won the league but they were on their last legs and needed freshening up seasons prior. Even the appointment of Moyes points to this. And don't let united fans tell you he wasn't first choice, you don't give 6-7 year contracts to third, fourth choice managers. Selfish man and a bully who can't even get his stories right in his books. All over us when we leathered them 1-6 he says. I suppose in 10 years time, the mugs reading that will believe it. Bullshitters and hypocrites from top to bottom.

And Wenger is doing exactly the same thing at arsenal.

I completely agree with the way the club has dealt with this. We couldn't have a situation where a player came in earning so much more than the others who have put the club in the position it's in. The only proviso I would put on that is that sooner or later, we're going to have to either pay higher transfer fees or higher wages. If we don't, with the way the market has gone, we'll start to miss out on players on a regular basis. If you go for players on a longer contract, you get stung with the fee, if you go for a player like Sanchez, you're going to pay higher wages which brings the problem of breaking the wage structure. Eventually, we'll have to choose.

Players and their agents aren't stupid. We're likely to see more players running contracts down so they get some of the transfer fee pie. You would think this would be preferable to the buying club because the money doesn't go to a rival club and you're able to use it to keep your new player happy. The overall size of the package doesn't change, just the way it's distributed. Ultimately, I think we'll look to pay higher wages where possible but there was a danger in this case that we would risk upsetting the squad harmony that's put us in a great position.
Agree with what you're saying, but if we get a young(ish) player (around 24/25) for a 'lower' fee because of his contract situation but pay silly money in wages (bringing an equilibrium to what we'd have to pay if he had 2-3 years left on a contract) you're also then left in a situation in 3-4 years time when that player comes to renew and they want even more money again to re-sign. In the longer term I don't think paying stupid wages is cost effective. I understand the situation with Sanchez is different because this is likely to be his last big contract and he's trying to maximise his salary in the short-term.

I'm sure others have probably made the point already, but I'd imagine a number of players will start to run down their contracts as they know that the money the club saves on transfer fees inevitably works itself back to the player. Hopefully City can avoid this by nailing down some of their younger players in long term contracts now and review them every 2.5 years or so to avoid a Sanchez/Ozil situation.

As for Sanchez himself, I'm not that arsed. He's been awful this year and clearly has a giant ego that constantly needs massaging. It's clear half the Arsenal squad dislike him and will be glad to see the back of him. I don't think we need a character like that in the changing room, regardless of how good he might decide he wants to be when he's happy. He'd have obviously improved the team, but at a cost both financially and to the atmosphere of the squad.

Really, tell me more.

I haven't heard about this. Who is your source ?
Source is in the public arena.
We declared our position openly. We would only pay max £20m, although Arsenal were asking £35m, and we said our preferred option was to buy him in the summer. Sanchez clearly not happy to stay and wants out this window.

If we had communicated a greater desire to buy him this window and offered a reasonable fee to Arsenal, his agent wouldn't have had a need to approach other clubs, so he wouldn't be stuck there until summer.

My theory is that the rags have thrown a spoke into the wheel, with a cash + player offer with a higher wage that they know the player they're offering (allegedly Mkhitaryan) won't accept. So there's no danger they'll have to cough up. The agent then goes back to City and demands a similar wage, which we won't agree to. Or maybe there's not even a firm offer at all from the rags and the agent has made it up. The rags are happy enough to play along as it screws us up. However that still doesn't get him a deal other than the one we put on the table & then Plan C sees Chelsea are brought into play to try to wheedle out a deal somewhere.

The agents certainy hasn't played a blinder here from what I can see and they could well end up with egg on their faces.
I would die laughing if Sanchez has to stay at arsenal until the end of the season.

And when all 3 are fit? You don't buy players just because both of forwards get injured. We have Jesus to cover for Aguero or vice versa. You can't go into a season haivng 3 players in one position, that is just stupid. You can't buy a player just because we need a forward for 3 games before our starting forward comes back from injury. You don't spend 100 million on that logic.
You can when you play two of them, which we will do when Mendy's is back.

Something really stinks in this transfer why has he not signed for the rags yet? If that deal being reported is true he's not getting a better deal anywhere so what's up? As he had 2nd thoughts about waiting till the Summer and raking in more on signing on Fee's? Have the rags had a change of mind and are not offering what was first agreed after we pulled out? Either way I hope we don't throw our hat back in the ring we've had enough of dodgy agents throwing there weight around (toure)
Arsenal need to sign a replacement first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.