Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't slag utd off, we are the ones to fuck it up ., " richest club in the world," will never be this position again, going for all the cups, chance to piss utd off , NEED another forward, and someone decides the deal is too expensive. crock of.

Don't be blue John. You are in the minority in wanting us to bend over backwards to sign him. Decent player I'd have liked him for what he brings football wise but if he really is after the wages talked about when he already stood to earn more than he will ever need from the deal that was on the table then he and there rags deserve each other. Well played city

Regarding all those who wanted him at any cost, citing “it’s not my money”. These are probably the same fans who have previously berated the club for sub-standard purchases like Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia, Fernando etc. If we had blown £60m (transfer fee, signing on fee, agents fee, wages etc.) on Sanchez now, that would have been £60m off our summer transfer budget, where we’d have possibly ended up with sub-standard equivalents of Sinclair and Rodwell again.

How much would Sanchez have helped us in the first half of the season if we had landed him last summer? Not at all really. We have excelled without him.

We have absolutely done the right thing here. Pep said when he first arrived that his ideas will come into maturity in his third season with us. Well, season two has exceeded expectations so far, and I for one am trusting the manager and executives on this.

These forums come with a health warning.

I've read some absolute whoppers on here this past week. To use a football analogy, this forum thread has in large parts parked the bus, shut up shop and retreated into a defensive shell underpinned by a siege mentality discourse. The irony. I'm absolutely convinced that some people post on here with one eye on Rag Cafe and sit looking over their shoulder. Football fandom is tribal. Forums are tribal too. These issues are absolutely tribal. So instead, its retreat into the world of self deception and portray this as something it clearly isn't or frame it in a way which constructs a particular narrative on Bluemoon with the hope if enough people collectively believe it, it will become real and true.

Firstly, we're 12 points clear. Because we have the best manager in football who has improved virtually every player at the club bar one or two including Aguero. That improvement is mutually influenced - players taking on board and trusting his methods/philosophy and his coaching genius providing the platform to improve technically and (bar last Sunday, mentally too). Everyone recognises this. But to use this, Rodney Marsh as some ridiculous nostalgic reference, or any other anecdote as the basis for presenting this Sanchez deal as not being critical is frankly ludicrous, short sighted, naive and riddled in bad faith. And then to throw into the mix - oh he's 29 and Jamie Vardy as alternative framing strategies are even worse.

This signing is more than just one footballer. Sometimes, events in football write their own logic and rules. On Sunday evening, City could have been 18 points clear. By the time we play on Saturday at 5.30pm we may be 9 points clear. A significant difference still nonetheless, but in a week where the Sanchez deal and everything which comes with that change the whole season and galvanise our biggest rival. This signing both refreshes the player and Utd as a football club - and puts pressure on us mentally.

- Why would we be better as a squad without Sanchez? Lets look at the arguments

1. Because we're already 12 points clear without him. Yes, in the present not future tense. Id rather be in our position and this is the best season of football I'll probably ever see in my life, but its far from over. We are yet to see how we respond to our first defeat during a week which also see's a cup semi final 2nd leg and then away FA cup tie. Of course we could win all three games. However, simply to say we've shown we're fine without Sanchez is not a reason for not signing him to have an impact in the future tense. It also ensures Utd are stronger which I believe means less of a margin of error - because the evidence in football is that very few teams go on a run for the whole season like the one we've been on.

- We should walk away from the deal because of the money involved

2. I ask this hypothetically - say KDB and his agent want 370k for his next contract but City offer 350k. KDB's agent informs us that Madrid will offer 400k. So he turns it down. Do we really believe the majority of people on here would simply say - its too much money? Well done to the club for taking a stand, being principled and thinking about squad harmony. I doubt it. I suspect we'd question the ambition of the club because we'd fear losing him. And of course he is younger, and is a key part of our team and one takes into account the value of the player, but the point nonetheless, is its fickle to apply this to one player and not others as the basis for an argument.

- We need to think of KDB's contract and the impact this might have on the team spirit/collective

3. Its as logical to argue that the club could tell KDB - were signing Sanchez and we're paying him the top wage to become top earner because in the short term it ensures we strengthen when in 4 competitions, makes the team stronger, and ensures he doesn't improve our direct rival. Put an arm round him and tell him his next contract will make him top earner if that matters to him and thats what he's worth. Unless the truth here is we genuinely can't afford it - and that we can't compete financially. Maybe that is the truth, I don't know but Id question that because the whole strategy since 2008 has been to grow, aggressively, and become one of the leading European clubs which means being prepared to financially compete with the very top clubs when going toe to toe with them over a player. That isn't the same as signing Walker or Mendy, It is evidenced by offering a stronger or as strong a financial package as a top European club which Utd are.

- He shook his hand on a deal or agreed to join us and so we should walk away because he and his agent have had their heads turned

4. Again, we don't know this for fact but if true, Id simply accept this is part of modern football. If we don't like it, then we shouldn't be complicit in it as fans. Sanchez I suspect probably does have an affinity to Pep, but something has happened here and we should have responded here in a way which makes him want to play for City not because he'd have some affinity for us - he wouldn't, but because we are the best place for him, we value him more than Utd do, and we're prepared to pay him the top money to evidence it.

- He isn't worth the money at 29, and is on the decline

5. I think football is going to sadly itself prove this to be inaccurate.

Regardless of all this, so far this season has been the most astonishing thing I've ever seen supporting City. I've never felt prouder, and I'll be there cheering us on at the weekend. I hope I'm wrong and that this isn't a critical and potential season defining moment even if I think it is. But I think some of this self deception, nostalgic romanticism and hypocritical stuff should stop. And once this thread has closed, we can all move on and evaluate the impact.

But Jamie Vardy? Seriously. Please. Just seriously. Have a serious look at yourself.

Sanchez agrees a deal outlined last summer. States strongly we are his choice. January comes around and we may need him due to injury....he being greedy instructs his agent to give united positive signs of a deal being made. Sanchez instigated this so dont fool yourself in thinking united just made an offer...they were given signs from sanchez and his camp

We have a healthy lead at the top of the table, players under Pep who have busted a gut to get us this far already in all competitions. Example - Delph. A player most thought was probably likely to leave has shown his desire and commitment to want to continue playing not only for our club but for the manager

And this greedy twat thinks he can demand the most wage, get his agent a massive pay day, and then waltz into the dressing room and then pick up some medals

Fuck right of Sanchez

And well done our club and making it known by releasing that statement.

Last edited:
Songs for sanchez when he next plays against us-
One greedy bastard there' just one greedy bastard....
Your only there for the money only there for the money....
He' s second in the league hes second in the league Alex I sanchez is second in the league....
I get my harm!

If he wanted to link up with Pep again and he wanted to win trophies, brilliant, sign him up. If he just wants shit loads of cash from someone; anyone, then let that be someone else. Sanchez is a fantastic player when he decides to be but I can only imagine that kind of greedy, primadonna attitude will affect the amazing team spirit City currently have.

This isn't the problem though, I don't think he is money grabbing because he currently has one offer which is to go to United. United are stupid really because they could of offered him anything at this stage and he would be forced to accept it or wait until the summer.

If the offer to go here for less wages was there he would take it but it isn't. City wanted to pay £20m for him but now we would have to pay £60m for a player that would be free in a few months time and we didn't want to pay it.

There is still time yet I feel, if Sanchez really wanted to come to city there is still a chance he could leave it until the last minute to put Arsenal in a difficult position. The longer this goes on the more likely it is they will be forced to accept whatever offers there are to get it done..

My theory is that the rags have thrown a spoke into the wheel, with a cash + player offer with a higher wage that they know the player they're offering (allegedly Mkhitaryan) won't accept. So there's no danger they'll have to cough up. The agent then goes back to City and demands a similar wage, which we won't agree to. Or maybe there's not even a firm offer at all from the rags and the agent has made it up. The rags are happy enough to play along as it screws us up. However that still doesn't get him a deal other than the one we put on the table & then Plan C sees Chelsea are brought into play to try to wheedle out a deal somewhere.

The agents certainy hasn't played a blinder here from what I can see and they could well end up with egg on their faces.
I said the same last night. If this deal was dependent on Micky moving the other was, it was always likely to fail.

We have a team here, one that works for each other and pep has achieved that because he’s uncompromising on the egos ! If Sanchez has really rocked the boat and doesn’t come across as the type of player we need at this stage of the season, his demands, his attitude so far on the pitch ! There is nothing that fizzes my piss more than a striker that quits a run and starts throwing his arms up in the air in frustration at his team all the time ! He does it all the time.
I don’t even think it could work now if his agent climbed down. It’s really poisoned the water.

I often don't blame him for being frustrated at Arsenal. If the chips are down there, he's frequently the only player who seems like he gives a shit.

And I don't even blame him too much for offering his services around for a higher wage. His asking price from Arsenal has halved so there's more clubs potentially in the mix. Yes, the money involved is ridiculous, but people in the same position would play off potential employers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.