Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at our squad....honestly, how many players are better than Sanchez? Kev? Silva? Aguero? Dont really understand why Sanchez cant be one of our highest paid earners in our team, when you look at todays market. The market value for Sanchez is 100-130mil and we're rumoured to have offered 75mil in total package(fee/wages/etc) which is alot less for him to come here so cant argue if another team comes in and offers more.....watching us against Liverpool, I think this was a "need" signing and surprised we think we could get Arsenal/Sanchez to agree to terms with us when clearly other teams feel he's worth alot more....

One of the highest paid? Yeah, that's what he would've been if he'd accepted the contract offer but THE highest? Sorry, but that's unfair on the likes of KDB, Silva, and Aguero.

All very confusing and no one knows what the real truth is. Reports today suggesting that the utd interest has been ongoing for nearly a year it isn't a recent development. Also that the stories about wanting to play for Pep etc are over exaggerated, but that could be the spin that is now being added of course. Although I have not seen any quotes attributed to Sanchez about this either. One of the oddest transfer sagas for a long time this one and Sanchez himself remains quiet.

This whole situation doesn’t show Arsenal in a good light,they seem to be hopeless in dealing with top end transfers,showing a lack of conviction and ambition last summer and now they have seemingly got themselves in a mess and really don’t know what to do to avoid upsetting their fans,at a cost of already upsetting their own squad by letting Sanchez linger past his sell by date,utterly clueless club.
I think we will get Sánchez on our terms at some point,his agent is only doing what he is paid to do in raise his profile to the highest bidder,hence the Rags and so called Chelski interest.Its a high stake game of brinksmanship and gamesmanship involving all parties while we sit back knowing we can realistically almost guarantee some silverware this season,as our lead ought to remain,Alexis knows this.
If we do secure his services,it turns on its head the silly Rags declaration that all players want to play for them,and in fact would be our first signing where a player chose City for our current potential than their so called powerful history,plus reversing the roles of us buying success when they are now throwing money at players,in a similar way we did post 2008 in order to catch that rabble up.

Jim White, yeah I know he’s a cûnt, reckons a source has told him that the deal will only go through if MickyT goes to the Arse and that it’s an extreme long shot as MickyT knows he’s in a power position, has no interest in going to the Arse unless the money is astronomical and the scum pay him off to go too.

Edit.... because the transfer fee is Sanchez plus cash for MickyT

Can anybody recall what his signing on fee would have been at the end of the season. I seem to recall talk of a 20 million fee a while back but with all these crazy numbers bouncing about I am not so sure anymore.

Point is if he were to get a healthy signing on fee that would go a long way to make up his weekly “shortfall” wrt the rags wage offer.
This would raise the real prospect of him staying put at Arsenal for the rest of the campaign.
I don’t think this is over by a long way yet....

One of the most bizarre transfer sagas in the history of the game,trust us to be involved in it !

I'm still convinced he will come to us..........................in the summer

Nah, sorry. He will go to the Rags. This is over for us and I just hope it does not come back and bite us on the derriere; even one of my (just) 17 year old daughters, who has not been tainted by Cityitis, said this morning: "we'll lose a striker (to injury) and Sanchez will score the winner in the Derby!".
I simply don't believe it's over yet for reasons I've outlined.

For instance, when Rooney supposedly handed in a transfer request, the papers were saying that we'd offered him £250k a week. My understanding however is that his agent was fishing for an offer in order to get him a pay rise at OT. City were approached, along with another club, but (according to my source) were a bit suspicious and said that they might well be interested but would need firm evidence of his desire to leave the rags before they'd talk numbers. In other words, a written, unequivocal transfer request. That was never forthcoming but fortunately for Paul Stretford, the other club did put a firm offer on the table. Gill & Ferguson then promptly plonked that offer in front of the previously recalcitrant Glazers and they beat it. City meanwhile, weren't going to deny there wasn't actually a bumper offer from them in play as they were quite happy to see the rags squirm and wriggle, plus they knew that if Rooney got a deal, it would move the rags' whole wage bill up significantly (which it did) and potentially restrict their ability to compete.

Do you not find it a bit odd that the rags are seemingly happy to pay whatever's been asked but insist on the deal including a player who doesn't want to go the other way and would presumably have to take a pay cut to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.