Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem I see is that we will end up paying those kind of Sanchez wages anyway to our existing and future players. IMO we are seeing Rag's and Liverpool striking back at us by increasing the amount of money required to buy the best players. City will have to do the same to remain competitive.

Anyone on here who doesn't think that this transfer is dead & buried for us needs to get down to Paddy Power fairly smartish!
They now have Sanchez at 14/1 to sign for us and 4/11 (on) for the rags with Chelsea at 7/2.
You could make yourselves a fortune.
Fill yer boots!

I simply don't believe it's over yet for reasons I've outlined.

For instance, when Rooney supposedly handed in a transfer request, the papers were saying that we'd offered him £250k a week. My understanding however is that his agent was fishing for an offer in order to get him a pay rise at OT. City were approached, along with another club, but (according to my source) were a bit suspicious and said that they might well be interested but would need firm evidence of his desire to leave the rags before they'd talk numbers. In other words, a written, unequivocal transfer request. That was never forthcoming but fortunately for Paul Stretford, the other club did put a firm offer on the table. Gill & Ferguson then promptly plonked that offer in front of the previously recalcitrant Glazers and they beat it. City meanwhile, weren't going to deny there wasn't actually a bumper offer from them in play as they were quite happy to see the rags squirm and wriggle, plus they knew that if Rooney got a deal, it would move the rags' whole wage bill up significantly (which it did) and potentially restrict their ability to compete.

Do you not find it a bit odd that the rags are seemingly happy to pay whatever's been asked but insist on the deal including a player who doesn't want to go the other way and would presumably have to take a pay cut to do so?

Just to be curious,who was the club that put a firm bid in,do you know ?

Jim White, yeah I know he’s a cûnt, reckons a source has told him that the deal will only go through if MickyT goes to the Arse and that it’s an extreme long shot as MickyT knows he’s in a power position, has no interest in going to the Arse unless the money is astronomical and the scum pay him off to go too.

Edit.... because the transfer fee is Sanchez plus cash for MickyT

It’s all over the BBC so probably the same source

If you look at our squad....honestly, how many players are better than Sanchez? Kev? Silva? Aguero? Dont really understand why Sanchez cant be one of our highest paid earners in our team, when you look at todays market. The market value for Sanchez is 100-130mil and we're rumoured to have offered 75mil in total package(fee/wages/etc) which is alot less for him to come here so cant argue if another team comes in and offers more.....watching us against Liverpool, I think this was a "need" signing and surprised we think we could get Arsenal/Sanchez to agree to terms with us when clearly other teams feel he's worth alot more....

One of the biggest, if not the biggest factor in our success so far this season has been the team spirit and togetherness. Bringing in Sánchez on £350k a week would smash that to pieces.

How do you explain to De Bruyne who has been the best player in world football this last 12 months that a sulky prick who has downed tools for a while at Arsenal deserves a higher salary? You can’t.

How do you explain to Aguero who has worked his socks off to improve as an all round player and adapted to a different style of play and become our highest ever scorer that Sánchez is now suddenly first choice? You can’t.

How do you explain to Silva who has been in my eyes our best player ever, is our captain (in Kompany’s lengthy absence) and plays with injuries and during extremely difficult family circumstances that Sánchez is more valued than him? You can’t.

If Sánchez wants to come and integrate into the squad, within the wage structure we have in place and prove to the players that have got us 12 points clear at the top of the league that he’s going to give everything he’s got to help us improve even more then great. That however is not seemingly the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.