Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two penneth.
This saga just shows how we're moving forward transfer wise. We're no longer going to be bent over and bummed by all and sundry - going forward it'll be "we've made you a reasonable offer - if you don't take it we'll go elsewhere"
Not like we're desperate at this stage.
As for Sanchez, after watching his antics during the Etihad game, he doesn't exactly come across as a team player. So effect on team spirit may be more detrimental than any benefits

Let it go, let it go

I was never really for him anyway - he has too much jaw jut for me ;)

I trust Pep and the execs all the way.

If you're right and he really would choose our 250k over their 450k, then all he has to do is turn the rags down. At that point he joins us for the 20m we've offered as Arsenal would have no other option (they can't keep him after today's hatchet job on him in the Mirror). Personally, I think he'd go for the extra money every single day of the week.

If it was so simple that United's offer was so good and he was taking the money then he would of signed already but he hasn't.

I read on Saturday it was all agreed with Arsenal and that he had agreed terms with United, it is now Tuesday and now even Chelsea are weighing in... Why would Chelsea bother to get involved in a done deal?

I don't think it is so simple and the confusion has been that the agent has agreed terms yes but Sanchez hasn't decided.

All city are doing is saying this is the offer and we withdraw from changing that just because there are others (...because you told us you wanted to come here).

If he was all about money he would of signed for us 7 years ago and not taken a paycut to go to Barcelona.

One of the biggest, if not the biggest factor in our success so far this season has been the team spirit and togetherness. Bringing in Sánchez on £350k a week would smash that to pieces.

How do you explain to De Bruyne who has been the best player in world football this last 12 months that a sulky prick who has downed tools for a while at Arsenal deserves a higher salary? You can’t.

How do you explain to Aguero who has worked his socks off to improve as an all round player and adapted to a different style of play and become our highest ever scorer that Sánchez is now suddenly first choice? You can’t.

How do you explain to Silva who has been in my eyes our best player ever, is our captain (in Kompany’s lengthy absence) and plays with injuries and during extremely difficult family circumstances that Sánchez is more valued than him? You can’t.

If Sánchez wants to come and integrate into the squad, within the wage structure we have in place and prove to the players that have got us 12 points clear at the top of the league that he’s going to give everything he’s got to help us improve even more then great. That however is not seemingly the case.

A signing on fee then wages to match the others.

Well that's the $100,000,000 question(actually these days 3 times that!), it seems to me there has been a subtle shift in our transfer policy we are no longer looking to compete at the very top table(with the PSG Madrid Barca and uniteds of this world). What has masked this is the exceptional season we are having and the fact that a couple of those guys that were just below the radar of the previously mentioned clubs have paid off in a major way.

Exactly my thoughts. Hope it doesn't catch up with us in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.