Alternative striker options

Fresh reports that we are interested in Griezmann. A better bet than Sanchez and is a Pep type player

A great finisher but not mobile enough for the way we play. Imagine him with those KDB whipped crosses though.
Worked well with Guardiola before, don't see why he wouldn't now. The issues are a) cost b) would he leave Munich, who are almost guaranteed to win the league c) his age.

With us having three lads who are just potential or have been potential and are just starting to get better at the moment and Kun on the wane, we really need someone bang at the start of their prime.

24-26 years old. Ready made. Already elite.

Like what we got when we signed a Silva, Yaya and de Bruyne.

Absolutely, I just don't think we'd get one until summer and it would probably be at the expense of Aguero moving on.

I do think we need something else for the rest of the season though. Aguero looks tired, which is never a good sign with his injury record and Jesus is out for a few more weeks and was out of form before the injury. Whilst we can manage occasionally with Sterling upfront, I wouldn't fancy it for an extended run or in critical games e.g. CL. Going into the season with only two forwards was always a risk, especially as we'd have been playing both if Mendy was available.

I think someone more Sanchez's age (29-32) who could come in and support what we've got and would get us through the season and be part of the squad next season. I like that we have younger players who will grow with us, but it needs some experience in the mix.

We could probably muddle through the PL regardless, even with both Aguero and Jesus out, but the cups will be a big ask without some more support.

Absolutely, I just don't think we'd get one until summer and it would probably be at the expense of Aguero moving on.

I do think we need something else for the rest of the season though. Aguero looks tired, which is never a good sign with his injury record and Jesus is out for a few more weeks and was out of form before the injury. Whilst we can manage occasionally with Sterling upfront, I wouldn't fancy it for an extended run or in critical games e.g. CL. Going into the season with only two forwards was always a risk, especially as we'd have been playing both if Mendy was available.

I think someone more Sanchez's age (29-32) who could come in and support what we've got and would get us through the season and be part of the squad next season. I like that we have younger players who will grow with us, but it needs some experience in the mix.

We could probably muddle through the PL regardless, even with both Aguero and Jesus out, but the cups will be a big ask without some more support.
David Villa is desperate to get to WC and still in a good scoring form. I'd love to watch him in England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.