Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm glad we walked away when the agent walked back on the deal.

I'm not going to grandstand about it though like we're pious and better because of it.

That's what the ****s in Salford and Arsenal did for almost the past decade.

Have you not noticed that no matter how we carry out our business / transfers we still get fucking criticised by nearly every bugger and his dog ?

It's called hypocrisy and jealousy and goes with the territory for the Rag ? Dipper biased media and supporters of many other clubs.

Fuck them and carry on is possibly a way to get through the day, because you won't change anything by getting upset about it.

Still our most important signing, imo.

Sorry you're wrong
DDu-XVMXcAEIzgi.jpg:large

we agreed a deal ,he was happy to sign ,then arsenal fucked about ,we must of said to him deals still in place either jan or summer, his agent has gone around telling people he will get xyz from city can you beat it ,united have beat it ,his agent has come back to us for more money and weve told him to fuck off,I'm more than happy with that, don't get me wrong I would of loved sanchez at city,but fuck him.
Spot on so glad we have stuck to our position. Money before medals is Sanchez mantra so he's going to the right place they deserve each other

What a lot of people on here - and most of the media - do not get (other than that excellent Sam Lee 'briefing' posted earlier) is that we have just signed a world class player yesterday.

That player is called Team Spirit.

This has sent one huge message to the players that they are here only because they want to be here and we will not kick them out of the side to be replaced by someone, however good they are, if they do not show the same resolve to wish to join City and be part of this fantastic squad.

My bet is you will see the reaction to that Saturday and in coming games way more than if we had caved in and paid what it took to beat United.

Sanchez might have had a good game or two. This guarantees the players who have bought into the club's ethos will week after week.

This is not just the right move by the management at City it is a brilliant move for the squad.

If Sanchez was good enough and of the right mentality to play for us he would be on the phone right now begging Pep to still have him.

If he does not do then this decision was 100% right.

Considering the media are usually biased against City, there's been a few murmurings of appreciation and respect for City's stand on "walking away"
And while some have criticised City for having to pay bigger salaries in the past, we are now one of the best destinations for any footballer in the world to move to, great players, great Academy and training, arguably the best manager in the world, top of the league by 12 points, and a chance to win plenty of silverware.
I don't think there is any need to follow the likes of PSG and China in paying obscene transfer fees and salaries, we are a very attractive proposition, and pay very, very well.

Mercenaries don't stay at clubs for 7+ years.

Of course they do,especially when they kick off every couple of seasons to get an improved deal.He was a mercenary when we signed him and,while i recognise his magnificent contribution to our cause,i still think he is of that ilk.Sanchez also falls into this category.

Mercenaries don't stay at clubs for 7+ years. To call one of our greatest ever players - a man that scored the winner in the s/f and final of our first trophy for many, many years, who took the Newcastle match by it's balls when it was drifting away, who stayed on on one leg to set up Zaba v QPR, who scored a screamer to equalise in the LC Final v Sunderland, who powered over 20 goals and was unplayable in a league winning season, who scored the winning pen in another cup final, and who could have signed for much much more money in China this season but opted to stay on on reduced terms to help out City for one more year - to call him a mercenary is just mindless and in bad taste.

He left Barcelona for a team that had won fuck all in 35 years. When he signed he was a mercenary in the sense he came to City solely for the money. If you think otherwise feel free but it would make you quite stupid. Describing the many great moments he has provided doesn't make his motive for joining City any different. I like all the good stuff you raise though with no acknowledgement of him downing tools for 2 years. The cloud he put over the second title win with his summer antics. All the shit he let his agent spout until Pep arrived but that wont play into your post. Yaya will leave a legend, he contributed to many good things at City but yet again that doesn't mean he came to us for anything but the mental wages he signed on.

Yaya worth every penny and the aggro.

Who's to say it wouldnt have been the same with Sanchez! Once you jump on the ship and he sees the love of the fans and the chemistry in the squad, he might have fallen in love with the club. The Yaya signing is no different to Sanchez.....and I bet no-one regrets we did everything we could to get Yaya signed all those years ago! Even Yaya and his agent have pushed for a big payday over the last few years. If Sanchez scored the winning goal for us in CL final, everyone would soon forget his 350k wages demands!;)

Of course they do,especially when they kick off every couple of seasons to get an improved deal.He was a mercenary when we signed him and,while i recognise his magnificent contribution to our cause,i still think he is of that ilk.Sanchez also falls into this category.
Agreed, Rooney was at the rags for ages but he was the biggest mercenary of them all, constantly threatening to leave to get more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.