Alternative striker options

The thing is, we didn't sign Kaka, or Sanchez, Hazard, or Pogba, or DiMaria, or Falcao & now Sanchez (again). There is a strong argument that none of those would start, in our strongest, best balanced, 11.

Some of the other players we absolutely had to sign over the years, are doing nothing now.

Yet there were few people on here saying we had to sign Harry Kane, a few years ago. Not many on here were chasing Jesus or Sane before we were linked.

And many would have insisted on us signing some piss obvous older player instead of playing them & Sterling together.
Every year there are top, top players who are linked to top, top teams, and (it seems to me) there are plenty of people who think City need them. Some, maybe, but absolutely not all, and we forget that until about a year and a half ago we had to pay over the odds for anyone even remotely considered a “top, top player!”

One thing Pep has done, and what Txiki and Khaldoon clearly agree with, is identify young, hungry, skillful, forward looking players he feels fit his TEAL MENTALITY, which is the MOST ESSENTIAL ELEMENT in his total football concept. Players talk about the TRUST needed to play this way. KDspoke of every player in his position, and not only every other player knowing where that player is supposed to be, but then covering for that player when he is caught out of position by a breakdown in City’s attacking play....which is why we have seen KDB cleaning up at RB this season!

Pep is a Chemistry Professor. To do the work he wants and conduct the experiments he has laid out at the feet of Mansour’s, he needs the correct elements, in the correct amounts, with a few catalysts. He provides some of those catalysts and his top, top players provide some of them.

I don’t think Sanchez is one of those key elements, but I don’t think he would have blown up the experiment. However, when he tried to change the experiment with new demands, that was a killer move. One thing is for certain, had City bent over to provide everything he and his agent appeared to want, I think it would have harmed some of the other elements in the experiement, and we don’t need that!

Sorry if it has been covered already, but what do people who watch think about Timo Werner in Germany .

Is he totally un-signable due to his stature , cost , interest from Real / Barca etc ?

Andy Carrol rumoured 30m to Chelsea wow I wouldn't have him for free.

Thank fuck it’s not to us

giphy.gif

Sorry if it has been covered already, but what do people who watch think about Timo Werner in Germany .

Is he totally un-signable due to his stature , cost , interest from Real / Barca etc ?
We talked about him last night. Think he would be a superb singing for us. Can play across the front line and is absolutely rapid. Really good finisher as well. Apparently he's mates with Sane as they have played together since kids though the German national sides. Hes had a fantastic 18 months. Downsides is RBL really don't need to sell as they are not short of a bob or two due to being owned by Red Bull and they are getting the money from Liverpool in the summer due to the Keita deal. They are playing in the champions league and are 2nd in the German league. I think Bayern are probably watching him as well. £50M+ I reckon and that could easily go up if he has a good world cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.