Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

Because that wouldn't change the fact that he'd be an expensive enough stop gap, and a back up to boot, on inflated wages that would scupper a future sale to a club at his actual level. As well as still leaving us having to upgrade the position in 6 months time for an even pricier outlay.

I think I’ll trust Peps judgements over yours. No offence

I’ve got no problem with JE, but at that age I’m surprised we haven’t looked at David Luiz, seems like a perfect Pep player who could move into DM and isn’t currently fancied at Chelsea.

Why would Pep buy David Luis if he wanted a midfielder.

He'd probably just, you know, buy a midfielder like Fred?

JFE is very much in the same category as Barry and Bellemy - you don’t ‘get’ them as players until they play for your club. I’m looking forward to seeing him do his thang in a blue shirt

Way too many have a problem with this. He would be a very dependable back up. He's wouldnt be signed to be first choice.
United have the face and others, Chelsea have cahill and dont start on Liverpools. None of these are "quality" players.
Squad depth is our main concern going into the business end of the season. It is what may cost us a trophy with key injuries at the wrong time.
At CB (possibly the most important position in the way we play where everything starts and the speed is injected) currently we have no dependable back up (mangler and vinny shouldnt/cant play).
Who he played for in the past shouldnt matter. In January it is who is available. If signing Evans means we can give Stones or Otamendi a rest the weekend before a big game without panicing over a kompany injury or a mangala mistake then it makes complete sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.