Carillion going bust

Last time I heard Radio 5 Live were still waiting for a comment from the government after 2 days.

Last time I heard Radio 5 Live were still waiting for a comment from the government after 2 days.
They announced in Parliament yesterday there's a plan in place but refused to tell MP's what it was. Makes me think there isn't one.

People have known about this since 2015 and made a lot of money out of it, on top of that it became general knowledge at the end of 2016, they should have had a liquidator appointed long ago tbf.

It just sums up 'UK PLC' perfectly to me... mostly zombie companies in a zombie economy all reliant on a never ending line of debt, cheap credit and tax payer bailouts and subsidies just to survive.

Last edited:
Fucking daft thing is one of their big competitors, Serco, who lost a tender for a £4bn contract to Carillion a couple of years ago warned they had under bid and would either have to come back for more dosh or fail to deliver - HMG ignored it. Tory Government AND Carillion auditors are in this shit up to their necks
So no chance of any investigation being a cover up then? Swept under carpet will be the result. It should be a great opportunity for Jezza and his mates to ask awkward questions; whether they do remains to be seen.

In a previous life/career, I worked as the Client on a scheme where Carillon were the main contractor on a large contract. The thing that struck me was the turnover of management on site. It was almost a new one every month and each time the new manager didn't know how long they would be staying.

The whole scheme was a bit of a shambles and that was three years ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.