The FA Cup (4th Rd ) - Cardiff (A)

I still shiver from memories of a trip to Cardiff City in the FA Cup back in 1967. Ninian Park was packed and the crowd had got to Alan Ogley in goals after he fluffed a goal kick. He was a bag of nerves and kept on messing up goal kicks. Somehow City came through to draw with the aid of an own goal and won the replay with ease at Maine Road.

Yep, same day as Franny Lee announced as our new owner and Keith Curle's shite penalty and kicked off with their neanderthals.
And a wrongly disallowed goal IIRC but yes getting back to the station was a bit hairy. They all came out of the woodwork for the Cup tie as we went there a couple of times in the 80s and the "crowd" struggled to make 10,000.

Cardiff away was a nightmare back n the day but so were most grounds. The rags got smashed there when they played in the then second division when they got relegated.

Kicked off big time!! It was mayhem from the min we arrived
Probably the scariest away trip I did, laughing at the shit ground with my mates, on,y a brick wall for a toilet etc... and then amazed when 3 sides of the ground started jumping up and down patting their heads in unison doing that Ayatollah thing, then even though the fucktards won they tried to kick the shit out of us as we left.

The welcome was significantly nicer when we played there in the Prem a couple of years ago, but the post-match civilised behaviour might have been a result of them winning.

may give tgis a miss, 4pm on sunday puts me off tbf because of work commitments

More to the point we are gonna have to listen to wanker drone on about our money and how he hates the prem blah blah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.