More trams

We need to all complain to gmpte and the metrolink duds. It makes no sense, the tram is going to Piccadilly anyway what's a couple more stops?

We need to all complain to gmpte and the metrolink duds. It makes no sense, the tram is going to Piccadilly anyway what's a couple more stops?

Just posted them a couple of tweets but will make no difference.
Fundamentally I dont see how taking the direct service off on matchdays is going to lead to any improvement at all, since those trams were completely full ie they were serving a clear customer demand. On non-matchdays, fair enough, do ti

Just posted them a couple of tweets but will make no difference.
Fundamentally I dont see how taking the direct service off on matchdays is going to lead to any improvement at all, since those trams were completely full ie they were serving a clear customer demand. On non-matchdays, fair enough, do ti

will suit all the rags arriving in piccadilly from london and heading to the beeb for work.

We need a tram depot near the ground where they can be stacked up.
Yep, just like the old bus depot at Maine Road. And they didn't depart until they were full up so you could stay till the end of the game without ant worries of "missing the bus"

The problem is very simple: they just don't put enough trams on after matches.

They can't deny this. I have been to events to Sheffield Arena. When the event finishes there will be a queue of at least 6 trams at one time before turning back and heading back into Sheffield.

I got the trams once when we played Liverpool 4 years ago. We had to wait in the freezing cold for 40 minutes when the match finished. And they expect me to pay for the privilege? Never again!

That's good of Sheffield. I went to a concert at the MEN arena and after it had ended, at 10:30, I walked to the platform to be told the service had finished for the day. 20,000 (I think) people coming out to get home and our flagship tram service had ended.

I think the mistake people make is thinking the tram is there to shift lots of people quickly. It's not. It's there for aesthetics, to make Manchester city centre have a European feel about it. That works as it looks nice going past the nice, but unnecessary, new line past the town hall. The money for that would have been better spent extending the service, removing it from roads on Ashton New Road, and increasing security on each tram to make people feel more secure and protect their own revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it daily and can’t remember the last time I had my ticket checked. It’s well over a month. People must have cottoned on to this by now. The revenue loss will be huge if applied over every running tram.

I emailed them last night. I await a response...

That's good of Sheffield. I went to a concert at the MEN arena and after it had ended, at 10:30, I walked to the platform to be told the service had finished for the day. 20,000 (I think) people coming out to get home and our flagship tram service had ended.

I think the mistake people make is thinking the tram is there to shift lots of people quickly. It's not. It's there for aesthetics, to make Manchester city centre have a European feel about it. That works as it looks nice going past the nice, but unnecessary, new line past the town hall. The money for that would have been better spent extending the service, removing it from roads on Ashton New Road, and increasing security on each tram to make people feel more secure and protect their own revenue.

I went to the Ricky Hatton fight at the MEN when he won the world title. Over 20 thousand people piling onto an already busy Manchester streets as people were coming out of clubs as it was around 3am. Were any late trams or buses running to get people home? Were they hell! You couldn't get a taxi for love or money so I walked to Piccadilly station which was packed with other people in the same boat and had to wait until the trams started running to get home which was hours.

The transport in Manchester is a joke and worse than a third world city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.