Vietnam

cyberblue

Am going for the first time it seems an amazing country .anyone been ? am going 3 different places as part of a cruise .

I have not yet been, it is on the list of things to do when I retire. My wife has just spent 10 days touring round there, she said it was a great place with really nice people. She saw a bit of the south from HCM to Da Nang.
Watch Top Gear Vietnam Special for a flavour of the country.

Amazing country, I was close to tears on the plane from there to Bangkok. Hanoi was my favourite place and Ha Long Bay is a must if you have the time.

I was there last year. HCM City is good, a lot of history to the city. The big tower building there is great to have a drink at dusk and take in the views. Hanoi is absolutely mental, thousands of motorbikes on the streets. Both cities are good for a few days. Halong bay was a big dissapointment for me. It was misty, overcast and not the warmest when I was there. It resembled Cleethorpes beach on a winters day. Not a great choice of accommodation in Halong Bay too. I only had 14 days on my visa so I didn’t get the chance to do the coast. Best thing about Vietnam is the beers. Think the cheapest beer I managed to get hold of in one bar was about 20p. Nice beers too, 333 I think it was called. The weather is a bit cold in the north in March, so just be careful and check what the temperatures are like before you book, if the suns one of the things you’re after.

Did hcm and the Mekong delta a couple of years ago, beautiful place and people. Then took a flight to Con Son island, the devils island of Asia where the French followed by the Americans tortured the Vietnamese in the infamous tiger cages, pouring lime over them making some go blind. Walked round several of the island prisons and at one had the Vietnamese people on a tour coming over explaining what was what. I will go back and do the north at some point

Last edited:
Great place. I've been a couple of times. Visited Hanoi, Halong Bay, HCM, Hoi An, and Nha Trang the first time, and just HCM and Nha Trang the second time. All worth a visit. Wish I'd made it to Hue and Danang and seen more of the North. Something for the future.

Many thanks for the tips .looking forward to it .Ship going to Singapore Bangkok and HongKong as well so should be a good trip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.