Alternative striker options

If we sign someone up front, it'll be in the summer — and will probably be a replacement for Aguero (makes me sad typing that)

The only two players at his level, who would be available, are Griezmann and Aubameyang. Would be very happy with either

Before the start of next season Griezmann will be 27 and Aubameyang 29, I would imagine that a long term replacement for Sergio would probably have to be younger than this as we'd want them for 5+ years

Before the start of next season Griezmann will be 27 and Aubameyang 29, I would imagine that a long term replacement for Sergio would probably have to be younger than this as we'd want them for 5+ years
Jesus + Griezmann is a good combo, better than 2 inexperienced strikers.

Don't you think there's also a risk players and greedy agents will think we don't pay enough if somebody is absolutely top drawer, so we'll never be able to get the Neymars, Mbappes, Sanchez, Lewandowski, etc because rags or Chelsea will bend over for the agent? Which although means in principle we may be doing the right thing, but in reality it's detrimental to our success because rivals know we'll baulk when it gets to big boys money. This is the only thing that irks me about how we're run.
Say to the agent "you're talking Sanchez not neymar you know. Sanchez is good but he's older and not in the same class"

Anyway, Sanchez megabucks sounds like another Rooney situation - a player who's peaked getting paid based on past achievements.

Jesus is the long-term replacement for Sergio...and if Griezmann will have just turned 27 (3 years younger than Aguero would be), that means he has 5, maybe more, seasons at the top. Hard for me to understand why any City fan wouldn't be over the moon to sign a player of Griezmann's calibre.

If we're looking for a world-class striker, then there just aren't that many under 25 out there......Mbappe & Jesus are the only ones who come to mind

Jesus is his long term replacement isn't he?

Jesus is the long-term replacement for Sergio...and if Griezmann will have just turned 27 (3 years younger than Aguero would be), that means he has 5, maybe more, seasons at the top. Hard for me to understand why any City fan wouldn't be over the moon to sign a player of Griezmann's calibre.

If we're looking for a world-class striker, then there just aren't that many under 25 out there......Mbappe & Jesus are the only ones who come to mind

Can't argue with that - a compelling argument. But isn't Griezmann going to the Rags?

Martial as well. But IMO only Mbappe can be called 'worldclass' right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.