Carillion going bust

That’s good news then for some the others poor bastards, honestly why would anyone bother in putting money into a company pension these days, buy property or land, at least you have control.
Or transfer it to a SIPP and have control.

That’s good news then for some the others poor bastards, honestly why would anyone bother in putting money into a company pension these days, buy property or land, at least you have control.
This 100%, saw the look on my parents face when they found out what should of been a nice retirement plan worth next to nothing, I've not put a bean into any "schemes" nor will I.

Gold, property and cash.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

This 100%, saw the look on my parents face when they found out what should of been a nice retirement plan worth next to nothing, I've not put a bean into any "schemes" nor will I.

Gold, property and cash.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk
Certainly three decent assets to hold as part of a portfolio yes.

Wholly agree mate but the other option is transferring out of the defined benefits scheme and putting it into your own pension pot so no other fucker can screw the pooch.

Plus is you die with a DB scheme your spouse gets 50%, if she goes your kids get naff all. If you move it into your own private pension then you can leave everything free of any tax to your beneficiaries.

It's been a long-standing bugbear of mine that I've never been offered the chance to be part of a company pension scheme here at work but when I see stuff like this, I'm grateful for having a SIPP. Granted, my own contributions into it probably aren't as great as if I was in a DB scheme but at least there's a bit more protection.

Interserve are next.

15% fall in their share price with ministers said to be extremely worried about the state of the company.

It's an absolute disgrace.

I've been onto to our company directors this morning as our cleaners work for Interserve and we have union members. He told me "We are prepared and will contact the relevant union as and when required." Make of that what you will....

Jezza owning the Carillion debate at PMQs.
Mavis sounding like an accountant.

She kept saying "The government is a customer" refused to take responsibility and threw it back about Labour PFI contracts. I've never seen Corbyn so pissed off at her non-refusal to answer his questions.

Blair and Pfi have more than played a part in this I can assure you.
So what, I'm looking to the future now. You're looking back eight years and more to score some cheap party political points.
We're a totally different Labour Party now.
Labour would scrap PFIs, Tories will carry on with them - there's the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.