Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand to be corrected but was there really an agreement? From what I remember he, Arsenal and us agreed on a deal only for Arsenal to renege at the death. We were pissed with Arsenal and told the media that we wouldn't go above £20m. The only thing that changed this time around is united came to Sanchez and his agent with a desperate offer. There was really no need for any further "agreement" after the failed move in summer as we were convinced that Sanchez wanted us and he was also convinced that we needed him.
Our management was expecting him to live by his previous commitment - he's backed out of that.

Which is fair.

Now, having broken his word, we're no longer interested.

Right I'm out of here, not coming back again, the party's over it's time to call it a day. I'm sure my life will be more enjoyable without all this shit. I'm off all football till I rock up at the Etihad on Saturday, hopefully by then Sanchez will be a rag and we can start on the next 5000 page thread on the next big transfer. Bye for now I would like to say it has been a pleasure, but it really hasn't.

Totally agree....he has chosen greed over all. It is just waiting now to see how much raiola can squeeze out of them so he can get a pay day as well.

Hurry it all up because it us just a circus

Obviously doesn't want to win the league, the rags won't win it for a long time.
And at least a good go at the Champions League. The next five months could be hugely fruitful and this is what I cannot understand about him. What is upsetting to me is that our chances of success would improve if he came to us.

‘For the love of money is the root of all evil’
(1 Timothy 6:10, KJV)

There's absolutely a good reason for this - hoping to extract higher wages from City than you previously agreed to if (Sanchez) you eventual sign for City.

But that's precisely why we're no longer interested - screwing around after having previously made a promise is a huge character flaw. One that's rightly (IMO) perceived to be so bad by our management, that once you show this flaw, you've shown signs that you'll be far too much potential trouble - no matter how talented you are - than you're worth in our side, no matter what the price.

Give your word - live by it. Otherwise, we're no longer interested. This is absolutely Pep's philosophy and is at the least backed up by Trixi (but I think it's his philosophy too).

You can play poker with some other teams - but not with City.

Arsenal might have moved the goal posts as opposed to Sanchez or as well as Sanchez which both are entitled to.

If we really want him its up to us to be flexible enough to bite the bullet on that assuming its a no brainer they need a " replacement " in the bag before the deal can be done which won't come from us of course.

In the end we don't need him enough to do the deal it seems unless Arsenal and Sanchez come to us on our terms.

Fast approaching the don’t give a shiny shite where he goes view now. Total circus if the money being reported is anywhere near accurate we are well out of it.

Lightning of wanting to be somewhere else
Then thunder rolls in washes over everything
Back on?, Could be!
F1WLRSd.gif

Arsenal might have moved the goal posts as opposed to Sanchez or as well as Sanchez which both are entitled to.

If we really want him its up to us to be flexible enough to bite the bullet on that assuming its a no brainer they need a " replacement " in the bag before the deal can be done which won't come from us of course.

In the end we don't need him enough to do the deal it seems unless Arsenal and Sanchez come to us on our terms.
I honestly think Txiki and Pep are principled enough to pass on players that they would dearly like and possibly even think we need if they feel like they have been let down by them or that they aren't 100% committed. I don't think it is about us not needing him enough to do the deal, he tried it on, went back on his word and now is persona non grata.

Still winds me up that we have United fans covering City for both Goal and the MEN! What happened to Paul Hince?! :-)

Sam is not taking into account that its a new window , Arsenal have new demands of us to complete this deal which might include getting in a replacement they require which we won't accept.

What happened in the summer is irrelevant even if Sanchez agreed terms and was happy to stick to them whenever the next opportunity for him to move on came about.

Wenger wants him to stay at the club and will make it hard for any other club especially a premiership club like Manure or City to secure his services.

Quite frankly I don't think Wenger cares a jot whether its City or Manure or Chelsea or Liverpool or whoever but if he to go to one of those clubs he wants them to beg for him and get the best deal for his beloved owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.