Carillion going bust

It’s criminal mismanagement that people should go to jail for.
That is exactly right. The mismanagement is right from the Government downwards. As per usual lots of wealthy people greasing their own palms and then leave small companies and their staff to rot when it all falls apart.

That’s good news then for some the others poor bastards, honestly why would anyone bother in putting money into a company pension these days, buy property or land, at least you have control.
Simple, because most big companies offer a pension scheme in which the company puts money in for you, provided you contribute too. So if you put in 3%, they'll put in another 6% for example. Why would ANYONE turn down a free extra 6% of their salary??? You'd be bonkers to say no thanks.

The government should take over Carillion, break the company up, keeping the profitable sections as going concerns, then start building some affordable houses for people, ones that people can afford to buy, not the so called affordable housing that nobody in need can afford... They knew about carillions problems months and months ago, if not years, when they started short selling shares and falsely inflating profits to ridiculous levels.
I know it sounds simplistic but why can't we have a state run house builder ?? Sidetracked a bit there ;-) always get a bee in my bonnet about this type of thing, then bring affordable housing into it...!

The government should take over Carillion, break the company up, keeping the profitable sections as going concerns, then start building some affordable houses for people, ones that people can afford to buy, not the so called affordable housing that nobody in need can afford... They knew about carillions problems months and months ago, if not years, when they started short selling shares and falsely inflating profits to ridiculous levels.
I know it sounds simplistic but why can't we have a state run house builder ?? Sidetracked a bit there ;-) always get a bee in my bonnet about this type of thing, then bring affordable housing into it...!
You would have thought that we could have some state run businesses. But it won’t happen. Take the East Coast Train Service, it was taken off National Express and back into government hands. The problems were fixed and it was returning a health profit but they still couldn’t wait to put it back in the private sector.
Just doesn’t make sense.

You would have thought that we could have some state run businesses. But it won’t happen. Take the East Coast Train Service, it was taken off National Express and back into government hands. The problems were fixed and it was returning a health profit but they still couldn’t wait to put it back in the private sector.
Just doesn’t make sense.

It does when you realise privatisation is driven by ideology.

Just doesn’t make sense.

To us ordinary working class folk no it doesn't and it isnt supposed to either.

To mates in the City and the business fraternity it makes perfect sense unfortunately.

Like i said earlier, Interserve are next to go belly up and its a joke.

It is time questions were asked about these kind of caompanies and how they get governman contracts no matter what. G4S are another one, it has been proved that they have acted criminally and stolen money from the government, any other company would be kicked into the long grass, any other individual and they would be in prison, G4S just get another contract. Carillion has been mismanaged at such a high level it can only amount to fraud but nothing will be done about it. Too many fingers in pies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.