John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree with this, I don't think it was because of any press by liverpool. Otamendi has been beating the press all season against similar teams like spurs, arsenal and napoli who are even better at it than livepool. Likewise stones was like that before his injury so clearly they can handle teams that press high. Stones just hasn't looked right since coming back form his injury even before this game.

None are better than Liverpool. Look at Klopp v Pep record. Klopp knows how to beat the system. We had an off day of course but a lot of errors were forced.

I'm sure the last three games have brought Stones back to earth. He's had a lay off and this wouldn't have helped but the errors in each game are not acceptable at the level we are at. Hopefully he can regain his concentration and get back to the level he was at before the injury.

I'm sure the last three games have brought Stones back to earth. He's had a lay off and this wouldn't have helped but the errors in each game are not acceptable at the level we are at. Hopefully he can regain his concentration and get back to the level he was at before the injury.

If he has done it before he can do it again , still learning his craft he will make ore mistakes in the future but if he prepared to learn from them and get better he will have a future at the club.

He's been rushed back due to our lack of quality/fit central defenders, which has meant he isn't up to speed yet during matches, as he hasn't had chance to be eased back in. It won't be long before he's back playing how he was, before his injury.

As they say form is temporary but class is permanent and Stones is certainly a class act, so we really have no need to panic.

He's been rushed back due to our lack of quality/fit central defenders, which has meant he isn't up to speed yet during matches, as he hasn't had chance to be eased back in. It won't be long before he's back playing how he was, before his injury.

As they say form is temporary but class is permanent and Stones is certainly a class act, so we really have no need to panic.

i agree. i think he has been rushed back into the team. you can see it in his play, hes a step behind. this week rest will do him good. no one after this season should be questioning his quality.

None are better than Liverpool. Look at Klopp v Pep record. Klopp knows how to beat the system. We had an off day of course but a lot of errors were forced.

Not sure what "the system" means, but we bested them 8-4 on aggregate over the 2 games this season, so not sure Klopp has conquered anything. Put another way, if this were the 1st leg of a CL tie, we'd be pretty confident coming back home after a 4-3 defeat. Let's be clear also that we were missing 5 of our best players plus Stones not long back after a tough injury.

Not sure what "the system" means, but we bested them 8-4 on aggregate over the 2 games this season, so not sure Klopp has conquered anything. Put another way, if this were the 1st leg of a CL tie, we'd be pretty confident coming back home after a 4-3 defeat. Let's be clear also that we were missing 5 of our best players plus Stones not long back after a tough injury.
Silva, Kompany, Jesus, Mendy and ?

Apologies John for saying you should've been stronger, now that I can see something more akin to the referee’s view its quite clear that it was a hefty shove in the back

Go to 8.15

Apologies John for saying you should've been stronger, now that I can see something more akin to the referee’s view its quite clear that it was a hefty shove in the back

Go to 8.15

Just another example where it doesn’t pay to be honest. If John had gone down it probably would have been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.