Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be the contrarian but all this laughing and talk of impending implosion at the rags because of this transfer is delusional.

It's the same shit that their fans did to us over the past decade, that the spending is unsustainable, wait until it goes tits up, etc, etc.

If Sanchez helps close the gap on us and helps them win trophies then no one will give a shit about the money.

They've unfortunately gazumped us, made us walk away and got an excellent player.

You win some, you lose some.

When we spent stupid money on players past their peak, it was because we were not even in europe & had 20 years catching up to do.

They are still the team who have broken the transfer records & pushed up the wage bills, to try & stay with us, ever since. Rooney being an example.

There is no excuse for this. It's a joke.

When we spent stupid money on players past their peak, it was because we were not even in europe & had 20 years catching up to do.

They are still the team who have broken the transfer records & pushed up the wage bills, to try & stay with us, ever since. Rooney being an example.

There is no excuse for this. It's a joke.

They have catching up to us to do. That's why they feel the need to spend so much for him.

Not going to criticise them for doing it.

I prefer our long term planning though.

Must admit it would be brilliant if along with Arsenal they missed out on top 4. Unlikely but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Sanchez's ugly mush would be a picture.

Last edited:
Is Micky Terry Ian still part of the deal? If so, they can agree what they want but it aint happening if Micky says no. Wouldn't it be magnificent if Arsenal string them along like they did us and he ends up going no where. He can rot at Arsenal for all I care now.

Is Micky Terry Ian still part of the deal? If so, they can agree what they want but it aint happening if Micky says no. Wouldn't it be magnificent if Arsenal string them along like they did us and he ends up going no where. He can rot at Arsenal for all I care now.

The press seem to be saying they prefer that but will do it straight cash if needs be to get it done.

The only way this won't happen is a frankly amazing u turn by Sanchez which I think would have happened before now if it was going to.

I assume the Rags will have to stump up 35m on the never never and be left with an unhappy player (and his wages) on the books. Nice.

From a footballing point of view then Sanchez clearly improves United considerably. There is little point in pretending otherwise. And they can clearly afford it financially, so the deal was a bit of a no-brainer for them. It feels similar to the van Persie signing though, in that it might get them short term success (although probably not this season, given the gap) but it doesn't really feel like they have a particularly coherent long term strategy. It'll be interesting to see which forward(s) we target in the summer.

In football terms this is a coup for the Rags. How much of a blow to us it turns out to be remains to be seen. Hopefully, we'll get by this season and strengthen in the summer.

The Rags show no signs of matching us when it comes to strategy but that could change and we cannot pretend that they are not a huge cash cow, which will help keep them competitive for now. We've needed to be smarter and have been; we need to keep that up.

They have catching up to us to do. That's why they feel the need to spend so much for him.

Not going to criticise them for doing it.

I prefer our long term planning though.
they have also spent 200m on 2 players,they are so far behind us footballing wise its embarrassing for them,would be good if the media had that conversation but they wont,i hate people who stitch up their mates which is what he has done to pep,after a no doubt good start i hope he turns to shite

they have also spent 200m on 2 players,they are so far behind us footballing wise its embarrassing for them,would be good if the media had that conversation but they wont,i hate people who stitch up their mates which is what he has done to pep,after a no doubt good start i hope he turns to shite

Yep, it's a jumbled mess. They're throwing everything and seeing what sticks. Let's hope this one doesn't.

Just like the Liverpool loss, I'll be avoiding the media when he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.