Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worlds biggest club buying worlds best talent to reinstate dominance in world football, only using money they have earned.
And a crumbling old ground that will need big bucks spent on it to stop its decay......perhaps financed by naming the stadium sponsorship.

How about The Durex stadium .....full of ****s.

Anyone else got any sponsorship ideas for it .....

From a footballing point of view then Sanchez clearly improves United considerably. There is little point in pretending otherwise. And they can clearly afford it financially, so the deal was a bit of a no-brainer for them. It feels similar to the van Persie signing though, in that it might get them short term success (although probably not this season, given the gap) but it doesn't really feel like they have a particularly coherent long term strategy. It'll be interesting to see which forward(s) we target in the summer.
We'll be able to better assess the pros and cons with hindsight when we see the type of quality forward that City look to bring in, but we don't have to wait, we can look at the recent past under Txiki as our guide. Sane, Jesus and Sterling. The equivalent in Sanchez terms is barcelona buying Sanchez when he moved from Udinese. He moves in very different circumstances now, and as you say it does not look like a particularly coherent long term strategy.
Listen , they've got a great player, one we wanted & he'll improve them immensely .
All this, he's not that good ,he'll be crap in 4 years is bullshit , they've pushed the boat out to get a player we wanted & needed.
You can't just dismiss how he is going to develop over 4 years. A football director has to consider present and future.

And a crumbling old ground that will need big bucks spent on it to stop its decay......perhaps financed by naming the stadium sponsorship.

How about The Durex stadium .....full of ****s.

Anyone else got any sponsorship ideas for it .....

Last time I saw so many long balls, I was the resident doctor at Shady Acres nursing home...

Matt Law has just punished a more detailed article.

The 29 year-old will be paid £14m a year after tax - just under £27m a year before tax - to join United, on top of his £30m valuation, £20m signing-on fee, and an agents’ fee worth more than £10m. That all adds up to around £180m for a player who had entered the final six months of his Arsenal contract and goes some way to explaining why Manchester City walked away from negotiations.
I'm not someone who normally cares about money in football, but those numbers are staggering for Sanchez, and bear in mind they're also having to pay off Mkhitaryan to the tune of £20m as well!!

Good player though he is, it's nice to see proof Woodward & co are still mad as a box of frogs at boardroom level.

As long as we invest in the right talent either now or summer, I don't think we'll regret not signing Sanchez.
Fred and another CB definitely, and if we can find another Jesus type rough diamond in the summer for Pep to polish, we'll be fine

Matt Law has just punished a more detailed article.

The 29 year-old will be paid £14m a year after tax - just under £27m a year before tax - to join United, on top of his £30m valuation, £20m signing-on fee, and an agents’ fee worth more than £10m. That all adds up to around £180m for a player who had entered the final six months of his Arsenal contract and goes some way to explaining why Manchester City walked away from negotiations.

I get the impression he's handing us a back handed compliment here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.