Ashes 2017/18

The ECB have made as much effort as possible to include him (ie in the Ashes squads and now the NZ tour) because they've been legally advised that they could be sued by Stokes himself for not including him due to unreasonable bias. Basically on the grounds that he's innocent until proven guilty and such.

What will probably happen is that he won't play in these games and so then after he's found guilty the ECB will give him a retroactive 6 month ban, which they'll say started from last September when the incident happened. So he'll come straight back into the team immediately after the verdict comes in either way.

To be honest what can the ECB do? There is no right or wrong way to deal with this as what he did probably isn't a sackable offence, ie he'll not never play for England again. The Aussie tour was too close to the incident to take him on that, though I guess they were hoping it didn't go to court so they could take him. Now it's going to trial they can't just stall his career for months or even a year plus so they have to bring him back in.

I'm no fan of the ECB but I think they've just about got it right on balance and it's important to remember that it was Stokes who acted the bellend in the middle of a series. He's the one to blame in all of this. Well, him and the fucking Scum newspaper, without them releasing the video this would have all been brushed aside with a few quid.

To be honest what can the ECB do? There is no right or wrong way to deal with this as what he did probably isn't a sackable offence, ie he'll not never play for England again. The Aussie tour was too close to the incident to take him on that, though I guess they were hoping it didn't go to court so they could take him. Now it's going to trial they can't just stall his career for months or even a year plus so they have to bring him back in.

I'm no fan of the ECB but I think they've just about got it right on balance and it's important to remember that it was Stokes who acted the bellend in the middle of a series. He's the one to blame in all of this. Well, him and the fucking Scum newspaper, without them releasing the video this would have all been brushed aside with a few quid.
Tbh I'm glad it came out, I'm more disappointed him piss taking a disabled kid has been brushed aside.

i don't know why the ECB are banking stokes to be the difference to this squad in NZ they are a very good team on there own patch and england have done nothing in changing it up other than stokes who is the same as with being a seam and swing bowler ok he can bat at 6 or 7 but we need somebody to bowl the other team out first

the disabled kid video was poor by him and even if he had a couple you just don't and its so wrong and why have the ECB just washed over it is a joke and for me a full 12 months ban in all forms of cricket should be the first thing done and a big fine and a 2 year international england ban with a future conduct set in place that would end his england playing days if he does anything else

ECB are clueless in anything cricket wise and they only see the good of the governing body and its members geoffrey boycott review of the ashes was spot on and even jimmy anderson could not look boycott in the eye on the panal after the last test

If we win the ODI today’s it’ll be as if the ashes never happened.

NZ will be a piece of piss and the farce for the urn will be buried.

If we win the ODI today’s it’ll be as if the ashes never happened.

NZ will be a piece of piss and the farce for the urn will be buried.
Whilst true about the ODIs it shouldn't be, less so about The Ashes but more so about how LOC is inherently different to Test cricket.

We've got a great chance in NZ but don't underrate them. Taylor, Williamson and Boult could all cause us serious damage.

NZ are a young and up and coming side and england will not win the series over there we could draw the series with the weather like last time over there bad light and rain did for a good series in 3 test but i see england struggling again and we just don't do test cricket overseas

Watched some of the South Africa test match have to say they have some bowling line up! Can see them being one of the best test teams around in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.