The unpopular objective thread

You've not watched 'the goal' enough. :)

The final whistle at Bolton meaning QPR were safe until about after the throw in on the touchline before before De Jong picks up the ball on goes on he's run. At about the time De Jong crosses the half way line the QPR bench start to celebrate but the players didn't know that. (Maybe a couple might have caught the reacton out of the corner of there eye but they were too busy trying to defend to notice.)

Also watch the reaction of the QPR defenders when we score the one on the corner of the box near Aguero bangs his hand down on the turf in dispair another boots the ball into the empty net in anger. Also watch the slow motion videos of the goal. here's one but there are better quality out there.

Also I've read interview with QPR defender not sure which one. One where Hughes says the cheer was the loudest he's every heard and he said he didn't know they where safe.

Fair enough. I stand corrected.

Football Forum posters, me included, have become addicted to debate about their club in a way that most football fans who don’t post on forums don’t have. Most fans I know don’t give a fuck about any of it once the game is over.

Football Forum posters, me included, have become addicted to debate about their club in a way that most football fans who don’t post on forums don’t have. Most fans I know don’t give a fuck about any of it once the game is over.
Isn't that the point of the forums though?

I still feel hugely annoyed at missing out on Sanchez to that shower of cünts. It's about time we smacked them down and paid proper money for a big name that they also want. For too long people have perceived them as 'bigger' and richer, now we finally have the money to outcompete them we seem to lack the bollocks to make a statement to the football world.

I wish Gary Cooke was still in charge of transfer negotiations.

I wish we had a gobshite PR team.

I wish we would spend what it takes to absolutely dominate this league and give us a realistic crack at winning two or three of the next five or six champions league finals. I think we have the money to do it, but do we have the ambition

Imagine you’re not a city fan for a second. What opinion do you hold that is controversial and wouldn’t go down well in the other threads?

Here’s mine..

I like Gary Neville and Carragher as pundits. I think in particular Neville has a understandable bias for the rags but does a good job as seeing other perspectives.

I rate rashford and think he’d be good at City

I don’t think the media campaign against us is as big as most people here seem to think

Time we lynched somebody at the top o' Joe Mercer way! Just to encourage the others, you understand! Or discourage the bastards. Neville? Carragher? These two would have to wear City shirts every time they appeared as pundits for me to consider giving them the time o' day!

I've long since passed through this kind of stuff, but when I was at primary school, I thought Duncan Edwards was great. I consider him the only Rag good enough to have played for City, but didn't!

This thread is great. My unpopular views..

SWP - was my fave player, left for Chelsea and I hated the bastard.. (not for leaving, we know the reasons were financial on our clubs behind), but he was off a bit too quickly for my liking - specifically he didn't thank or mention our fans for at least a few years. Always thought although he was talented that behind the boyish smiles, there was a lad that really didn't give too much of a shit. Came back for a payday and since then, never seen again..

I enjoyed City more in the Mancini era and those first six months under Pellers. Things seemed free and easy, a loss was just a loss and everything was new and exciting. Now we play great football and have better players, but this title race has begun to look like a slog and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

• Mourinho is a very good manager and with a better squad United would be up there with us in the table
  • I rate both Pogba and De Gea
  • I think some posters on this forum are physically incapable of having a reasonable discussion about United which I think is a great shame
  • Klopp and Conte are good for the PL
  • Kane is nowhere near enough of a clutch player to be considered a world class footballer at present. Might be within a couple of years though. He's appropriately the Pochettino (as a manager) of players
  • Christian Eriksen would make a great Silva replacement
  • Our most complete and best performance this season was in the 1st half away at Feyenoord
  • I don't give a shit about atmosphere, singing, early leavers etc. And I think it's lame when supporters have a go at other supporters for not being good enough fans. Particularly ones that pay for tickets and go to matches.
  • Delph is a tad overrated. Not for his performances, but for his actual level of ability.
  • Sterling is still really underrated
  • Danilo is an easy target because he's new
  • Walker has been our best player this season after KDB
  • People still don't understand what it is Jesus does and it's annoying to read that 'He runs a lot and only scores tap ins'
  • In fact, people still don't understand that most of the actual work we do on the pitch is off the ball
  • Otamendi is also still underrated somehow
  • Silva has had just as many problems linking up as any other player has with Sane. In fact, it's annoying how often it isn't Sane's fault
  • People seem to forget how young the likes of Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Ederson, and Jesus are at times (and I'm sure Mendy too when he's back)
  • "We need a big man to get on the end of all these crosses" - We absolutely don't
  • Aguero is clearly over the hill and doesn't fit into the way we play, and the way some people turn a blind eye to it is embarrassing
  • Despite that, he's still a sensational player who in the right (maybe not big) games is the perfect player for us and the way people have got on his back is equally embarrassing. You can be critical without being a dick
  • Bravo has got A LOT of unfair stick this season from certain quarters for someone who's not done that much wrong
  • Foden is way better than Diaz is right now
  • Diaz has far more potential than Foden though and is much more likely to make it at City
  • As excellent as they are, football simulation games like FM are not scouts and people need to realize that
  • My most out there and controversial idea, but I believe Pep in his ideal world has chosen Sterling to be heir apparent to Silva
  • I believe I was the first or one of the first on the player thread to question Ederson's positioning. I regret it.
  • I think it's weird that people get upset that football clubs are run as businesses
  • Anyone who is against anything progressive just because it's new shouldn't be in the football media (Tyler's comments on not being able to get excited for a goal just because of VAR were saddening)
  • Any pundit that blames zonal marking alone for conceding from a set piece also shouldn't be in the football media
  • Refereeing incompetence is magnifying due to the increasing speed of the game, not corruption
  • The academy is there to produce talented footballers. It successes come down to how many make it at higher levels, not how many make it for City (Like the class of 08)
  • Am I the only person who saw the deflection on SWP's goal off the crossbar in the 4-1?
  • I'd take Berkovic over Benarbia if I had to choose
  • Even United fans hate Duncan Castles
  • Speaking of Castles, he's an irritating example of a potentially good journalist ruining himself due to his biases. He often makes very good points and I think he has it in him to be a great journalist. But it's his ability to write well and intelligently combined with these biases that makes him a great evil on the game instead. Custis too to a lesser extent, although he's a weaker writer
  • Alyson Rudd however is simply a very bad journalist. I wouldn't count on her to be able to tell me the time correctly. The fact she's so blatantly bad means she's less harmful.
  • I like both Sam Lee and Sammy Lee
  • And lastly, I never liked being the butt of every joke from United fans at every stage of my life before 2012. But for that reason I try not to take the piss out of them now, as I'm not the eye for an eye kind of guy (But that's just me. I don't want to impose this idea)
Great post. Man, you read my thoughts :) Except that 'Sterling as Silva's heir' bit, it's weird at best. Best mids are being moulded for that role from grassroots, it's hardly possible to convert a winger/AM like Sterling, on top level at least. And I would add Martial to the list of Utd's worldclass talents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.