Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
you wouldnt have thought pep would sign evans either. you need squad players like the two mentioned imo.

Should we be signing squad players though ?

Or should the squad players be the ones who are already here & the signings be quality to replace squad players who leave ?

For instance right now, to me, alongside Mangala etc, Bernardo Silva & Gundogan are 'squad players'. Both could turn out mainstays of the club, but if they don't, after a reasonable time, sell them & replace with more quality 'squad players' & see if they force their way in.

JFE's position imo should be Maguire or somebody like that, see if they become good enough to be a first choice, if not, sell.

Not a dead signing like JFE, who has to raise his game 2 levels to succeed here or is basically Danny Mills if it doesn't work.

The thing I dislike more than anything about the move, is the fact that he is effectively willing to come here to be fourth choice, when he's a first team regular elsewhere.
In fairness, that 'elsewhere' will probably be playing in the Championship next season now that they've hired Pardew.

The thing I dislike more than anything about the move, is the fact that he is effectively willing to come here to be fourth choice, when he's a first team regular elsewhere.

More money and less travel time I mean his wife doesn’t work in Manchester but I guess it’s closer for him

Should we be signing squad players though ?

Or should the squad players be the ones who are already here & the signings be quality to replace squad players who leave ?

For instance right now, to me, alongside Mangala etc, Bernardo Silva & Gundogan are 'squad players'. Both could turn out mainstays of the club, but if they don't, after a reasonable time, sell them & replace with more quality 'squad players' & see if they force their way in.

JFE's position imo should be Maguire or somebody like that, see if they become good enough to be a first choice, if not, sell.

Not a dead signing like JFE, who has to raise his game 2 levels to succeed here or is basically Danny Mills if it doesn't work.

yea i think we should. you can't just sign first team players all the time. id take maguire, but he'd cost 50m and he wouldn't be coming here as 4th choice/ wouldnt be happy being a bench player. pep clearly doesn't rate mangala and wants him replaced. in evans you get a proven winner, lots of experience and someone pep rates.

bloody hell i know you don't rate him, but no one is as bad as danny fucking mills. he was awful. some bad memories brought back up there haha

That’s a bit unfair. Who, at that stage of their career, wouldn’t swap a relegation side for the best side in the country, managed by probably the best coach in the world? Especially if their club were happy to sanction the deal.

That’s a bit unfair. Who, at that stage of their career, wouldn’t swap a relegation side for the best side in the country, managed by probably the best coach in the world? Especially if their club were happy to sanction the deal.
Is he going to state publicly that we’re the best team in England and he’s always dreamed of playing for us ;-).

I might come around abit

In fairness, that 'elsewhere' will probably be playing in the Championship next season now that they've hired Pardew.

Or which 30 year old player of a team fighting relegation would get offered a possible chance to play in the best team in the Premier Leagues 1st eleven

Its not unfair really, the manager side I can agree, but swapping a hard battle to sit on our bench ? It just smacks of him wanting an easy life, its lazy, and we shouldn't be signing anyone who wants that imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.