Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't delph apply to that then, he was signed as a back up. tosin even without evans isn't getting a chance and isn't going into the first team. he needs to go on loan. so evans isn't really effecting his chances at all.

I think it's a shame Tosin can't be given that role.

Fourth choice CB isn't going to play much anyway but for a kid those minutes will be valuable.

Jonny Evans isn't going to get any better and will just take up a space on high wages.

I'm sure some people will say the kid isn't ready. But if he is not ready to be 4th choice when will he ever be ready? He might make a mistake but John Stones made a mistake. The most experienced make errors. Mistakes happen and you should be allowed to learn from them. But you can't learn if you don't get a chance.

We`re not a team at the bottom fighting for survival who can't afford to gamble on a kid. We've got top players all around who can guide and/or carry a kid through the game. And being 12 points clear means we have room for error.

Fair enough, although he has only been decent this season and has not been playing in the position that he was signed to cover. Perhaps he is the exception that proves the rule... In any case, he cost just £8m and I think that he was just 25 years old when we signed him. If anything, it shows how bad a deal this would be.

He only had a year left on his contract though I think, and the market in 2015 was very different to now. I’m probably clutching at straws, but maybe Guardiola can greatly improve Evans too as he has with Delph (although I concede it’s not worked with Mangala).

There's a lot of "glass is half empty" people on this thread.
I personally am very much a "glass is half full" kind of person that lives in hope that Pep has never even fucking heard of this clown.

There's a lot of "glass is half empty" people on this thread.
I personally am very much a "glass is half full" kind of person that lives in hope that Pep has never even fucking heard of this clown.
I remain optimistic that he might fail his medical putting a stop to any move, or opt for Arsenal and more chance of gametime.

To go from Sanchez being the star signing of the January window to possibly Jonny Fucking Evans.... :/

I knew singing "You sign Phil Jones..." would come back to bite us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.