United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on it? The club is worth a lot more than Liverpool, where’s the Chinese rocking up to invest £400 million in your club?

You are light years behind us in marketing, infrastructure and squad development. When Liverpool can’t keep hold of players like Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho it tells you where you are in the food chain.
You sound so arrogant. Lol. I don't give a monkeys what your club is worth, I'm just focusing on our latest result.

You sound so arrogant. Lol. I don't give a monkeys what your club is worth, I'm just focusing on our latest result.

200.gif

According to the Daily Express Ed Woodward is quoted as saying that:
City and Chelsea have been humiliated over the rags signing Sanchez; and that we have been put in our place.
The article also mentioned that City and Chelsea balked at the 500k per week demands from Sanchez

Perhaps the article should have read that Woodward is pissed off at being conned into paying so much money for Sanchez and that City and Chelsea saw sense in that the player only wanted cash not the kudos of playing for a top team.

City and Chelsea have been humiliated over the rags signing Sanchez; and that we have been put in our place.
The article also mentioned that City and Chelsea balked at the 500k per week demands from Sanchez

Perhaps the article should have read that Woodward is pissed off at being conned into paying so much money for Sanchez and that City and Chelsea saw sense in that the player only wanted cash not the kudos of playing for a top team.
Spot on..... if the rags had been going for Sanchez and City hijacked the deal and offered what the rags are now reported to be offering, the media would be slating us left right and centre. Yet the rags are being praised!

Spot on..... if the rags had been going for Sanchez and City hijacked the deal and offered what the rags are now reported to be offering, the media would be slating us left right and centre. Yet the rags are being praised!
Was always going to be the case. What do you expect from a rag biased media.

Ed Woodward and United are the boy at the school disco who have begged the stuck up girl everyone fancies a bit to dance with him because all the other girls keep saying no, not realising that everyone else has decided to pass because even though she is a good dancer she ain't the sort of girl you want a long term relationship with. She thinks she can have the pick of the boys but will dance with Ed if he pays enough. Humiliating for everyone else obviously.

And offering Jose a new contract, if true, is the equivalent of having a baby to save your relationship; everyone knows its doomed to fail and will leads to years of fall out and.

Or something like that...

can't say I am bothered either way to be honest. Yes Sanchez would have enhanced our squad and at the moment with the run of games coming up some help for Kun up front would be appreciated. However a very rich man has chosen to become an even richer man rather than help himself to what are likely to be nailed on PL title winning and EPL cup winning medals in the first few months at City. So be it. He will join one of our rivals - always going to happen given his quality. He has gone to a team to help them try and win CL football next season and have a decent cup run - that is the stated ambition of the club not my view.

What does irk is yes its being treated in the media as somehow the rags have "won" something? Did I fail to see all the results from the latest round of the " Sign Sanchez Trophy" or something? What has happened is a club in massive debt has been forced to commit massive amounts of money in a pissing up the wall contest on one single player. That in the week Carillion goes bust due to debt should surely bring a different type of reporting on this transfer?

Wow, that's remarkable - I didn't realise the Daily Express was still going.

Not arrogant just stating facts and it was you making the size comparison between clubs in the first place belittling City in a snide way, you just didn’t really have any answer to come back with did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.